Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

10 hours ago, DJBOB said:

He’s got the ability but that last pass to Duran was emblematic of his failings right now. No quickness in his decision making. Even Duran was giving him grief over it after the match. 

I thought pass was good and Duran fluffed his lines, after not moving into space most of the game

Glad he's scored. 

There's no guarantees but given what we've seen with how Unai has worked with the rest of the squad, I'm happy to give him plenty of time. I may be wrong but I think he'll have proven himself a very useful member of the squad come the end of the season. 

I've seen it mentioned a few times, but remember where Bailey was even just a few months ago, there's a template for Zaniolo.

Edited by Rodders
  • Like 4

do we really think this guy is worth 30-45m?, reporting that we paid a 5m fee, with 25m fee if he meets unknown triggers, with 15m in add-ons.

im not sure i would be happy if we spent 30-45m on him, especially for what you can get for that kind of money.

He’s very unfortunate that if we maintain this current performance level a whole new calibre of player is going to want to join us. The conversation then becomes Zaniolo for 25 + add ons or a Diaby+ level target for 50m.

Either way, he has an important role to play this season. There’s definitely something about the lad. 

On 15/12/2023 at 05:24, Kiwivillan said:

I thought pass was good and Duran fluffed his lines, after not moving into space most of the game

Agreed, that was a great pass and Duran’s little tantrum was because he’s 19 and he’d waited a second too long to knock it forward, not because Zaniolo should have done something different. 

On 15/12/2023 at 10:24, Kiwivillan said:

You are just wrong. The pass was like 2 seconds late so Duran was already 5 yards offside. 

And duran dropped into space all game. He doesn't run the channels as much as ollie but he seems to drop into space, lay the ball off and then spin in behind. Instead whenever we came short we looked him off except basically 1 time with digne where the 2 of them carried the ball from the halfway line and it resulted in a shot. 

3 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Agreed, that was a great pass and Duran’s little tantrum was because he’s 19 and he’d waited a second too long to knock it forward, not because Zaniolo should have done something different. 

Zaniolo needed to release the pass earlier. By the time zaniolo passed it durna was offside. 

10 hours ago, MotoMkali said:

Zaniolo needed to release the pass earlier. By the time zaniolo passed it durna was offside. 

Think we must be talking about a different pass, I’m talking about the one the guy slid in on Duran and flicked it away.

Â