Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

On 09/11/2023 at 23:46, beasley14 said:

Wasn't great when he came on, doesn't move the ball quickly enough at the moment.  Gives it away too often for prem games for me 

Its one thing, not scoring, and its another, not being a threat.....and a further thing, not being able to stay on the ball, with a frame like he has, he shouldn't be dispossessed so easy.

Sadly, it looks like he is going backwards.....I don't know why, or if its off the field issues.

I am reluctant to speculate, because thats all it is, and its no help.....I truly wish the boy could come good.

I saw him as like a Dominik Szoboszlai style...but so far, not to be.

Not sure, what the outcome, will be.

I like Zaniolo and can’t wait until he scores and the pressure recedes somewhat for him.

However, if the aim is to improve the squad by bringing in better first team players then Zaniolo isn’t going to cut it. 

What we really need in a perfect world is a genuine multiple threat that can play anywhere across the front positions to provide even better depth for Watkins, Ramsey, Diaby and Bailey. 

Edited by DakotaVilla

On 04/12/2023 at 16:41, ozvillafan said:

Decision making.

That's what will make or break Zaniolo.

Good post.

It goes beyond decisionmaking with the ball, though...his off the ball running isn't very good, either. I'm beginning to wonder if he lacks the sort of intelligence that a player needs.

I'm not ready to write him off yet, though.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HKP90 said:

I programmed a Zaniolo simulator for the ZX Spectrum:

10 Print 'Player Confidence=High'

20 Print 'Shows some promising attributes' 

30 Print 'Has spell of bad form'

40 Print 'Gets battered for it by supporters'

50 Print 'Player confidence reduces'

60 IF Player confidence = 'Abysmal' goto 80

70 Goto 30

80 Goto Galatasaray

90 Print 'Player broken'

Good for you. Keep up the good work

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, TRO said:

Its one thing, not scoring, and its another, not being a threat.....and a further thing, not being able to stay on the ball, with a frame like he has, he shouldn't be dispossessed so easy.

Sadly, it looks like he is going backwards.....I don't know why, or if its off the field issues.

I am reluctant to speculate, because thats all it is, and its no help.....I truly wish the boy could come good.

First few games he almost scored, almost some worldies but seems to have gone progressively backwards, more so since the gambling scandal... but Emery persists. I have nothing against him and would love for it to click but like everyone patience is running thin

18 hours ago, HKP90 said:

I programmed a Zaniolo simulator for the ZX Spectrum:

10 Print 'Player Confidence=High'

20 Print 'Shows some promising attributes' 

30 Print 'Has spell of bad form'

40 Print 'Gets battered for it by supporters'

50 Print 'Player confidence reduces'

60 IF Player confidence = 'Abysmal' goto 80

70 Goto 30

80 Goto Galatasaray

90 Print 'Player broken'

Cool, I have a BBC B, I might fire it up and try your programme after I finish Elite 👍 

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

Cool, I have a BBC B, I might fire it up and try your programme after I finish Elite 👍 

You really have a Working BBC B? That was the computer my primary school had.  

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

First few games he almost scored, almost some worldies but seems to have gone progressively backwards, more so since the gambling scandal... but Emery persists. I have nothing against him and would love for it to click but like everyone patience is running thin

My expectations of him are low, I wasn't expecting anything, as I had no prior knowledge of his ability.

I trusted the coaches, and still do.

However, for me.....not being able to stay on the ball, is a major concern, and something, i have little patience with, but hey ho!

13 minutes ago, Buffs said:

Would be great if so, but I doubt he will get on the pitch after his performance at Bournemouth.

I just want to believe maybe a super sub as agree he won't start tonight.

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

You really have a Working BBC B? That was the computer my primary school had.  

I do some where, in my Dad's attic gathering dust, it was mine from the 80's, probably with Action Man and Astro Wars. No longer have a tape deck to load the games though! Only wish I'd kept my Chopper....

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, thunderball said:

I do some where, in my Dad's attic gathering dust, it was mine from the 80's, probably with Action Man and Astro Wars. No longer have a tape deck to load the games though! Only wish I'd kept my Chopper....

Transgender? Would never have guessed Thunderball. 

• Haha 1

On 05/12/2023 at 16:39, TRO said:

Agreed, I want him to he a sucess but I'm struggling for an area where he's adding value to the team.

Zaniolo is providing cover in a position where we are already stacked. Assuming Bailey and Tielemans start you have Ramsey and Diaby on the bench. That’s ridiculous depth already. 

We need to focus on adding a high calibre right back that can play in Unai’s system and another Luiz/Kamara level 6/8 and then we can rotate to our hearts content. 

Ollie cover may have to wait until the summer as that’s where getting champions league will make a huge difference.

Â