Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

Ah yes.  He did get a forearm in the back of the head, and while I doubt he'd have gone down as easily or for as long as he did if they were having a fist fight, it's not like he didn't get hit in the head is it? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

He was caught in the head and was absolutely entitled to go down for treatment. It’s getting blown way out of proportion. Any blow to the head, however or small or accidental should immediately stop play. 

I would say the brush to his head was less impact than an average headed pass back to the keeper off the back of your noggin.

32 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I like him but he needs to work on his fitness. Was **** in the second half. 

He had a great first half and contributed to the win by working his socks off. It's no biggy if he's tiring after 60 mins if he's putting in a good shift. He may just need a coupe of months to get used to the fitness levels but he'll get there. 

Before he joined people were questioning him breaking down with his injury record and now it's about him flagging in games. He just needs time and lets not forget McGinn couldn't handle Emery's system when he first arrived, others have also taken time to adapt. It's obvious Unai rates him otherwise he wouldn't be starting games and without looking I would gather he's got a good few minutes under his belt now which is positive. I also think he's got another couple of gears in his locker, but most importantly we've looked very good with him in the side adding strength in the final third.

I think it's easy to overlook the benefits of having him in the side but he is getting doubled up by opponents, so they're taking him serious enough as an attacking threat. He also frees up space for others like Ramsey does when he's carrying the ball. Incidentally, are we really missing Ramsey at the moment? Or Buendia or Mings? Their replacements are doing fantastic work, including Zaniolo and it shows in our league position.  

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

He had a great first half and contributed to the win by working his socks off. It's no biggy if he's tiring after 60 mins if he's putting in a good shift. He may just need a coupe of months to get used to the fitness levels but he'll get there. 

Before he joined people were questioning him breaking down with his injury record and now it's about him flagging in games. He just needs time and lets not forget McGinn couldn't handle Emery's system when he first arrived, others have also taken time to adapt. It's obvious Unai rates him otherwise he wouldn't be starting games and without looking I would gather he's got a good few minutes under his belt now which is positive. I also think he's got another couple of gears in his locker, but most importantly we've looked very good with him in the side adding strength in the final third.

I think it's easy to overlook the benefits of having him in the side but he is getting doubled up by opponents, so they're taking him serious enough as an attacking threat. He also frees up space for others like Ramsey does when he's carrying the ball. Incidentally, are we really missing Ramsey at the moment? Or Buendia or Mings? Their replacements are doing fantastic work, including Zaniolo and it shows in our league position.  

I’m not concerned about it. Fitness is something that can be worked on. The ability is clearly there. I’ve said before I think he will be a key player for us in time and I stand by that based on what I’ve seen. If he doesn’t get a betting ban that. 

• Like 1

Its not as if opponents are squeaky clean, is it?

The head injury to Zaniolo, was unqualified to me, genuine or not.

It happened in the centre of the park, where few spectators could make an informed judgment.....I am surprised that such an emphatic win, is characterised by such an insignificant event, to warm the cockles of the heart of some desperate fan, to come to terms with a heavy defeat.....some fans will pick on anything for comfort.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Even if he is tiring so what you always sub wingers off anyway. So replace him with Bailey at 60 instead of 75 it's not a big deal. 

15 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Got to love when getting elbowed in the back of the head is called cheating. 

they don't like losing....maybe the bubbles burst.

sorry about the pun.

He's one of them where it just feels like he needs a goal to really set him on his way. Does a lot of good stuff at times, then at other points overdoes it or tries to force it, maybe just needs that first goal to properly get into his rhythm and you'll see his decision making become a bit more natural.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I like him but he needs to work on his fitness. Was **** in the second half. 

Seems to be the pattern so far. Hopefully he can improve and be more effective for longer.

21 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Does he go down like that if we were attacking instead of them? We'll never know for sure, but I'd bet he wouldn't. (Yes yes, so would he, etc)

Probably not, but then we wouldn't need the free kick for the foul would we? He was fouled, but the ref gave no free kick.

The fact the foul was a forearm smash to the back of the head meant he was entitled to lie on the floor holding his head.

In the scheme of match winning cheating actions, I'd rank it bottom.

Â