Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

6 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I thought he was on the fringes of the Italian team - not one of the main men - why on earth had nobody else snapped him up? 

He is....or at least was before we signed him.  He's only started 2 of their last 12 games.

His performance last night might see him  given more time now though. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I thought he was on the fringes of the Italian team - not one of the main men - why on earth had nobody else snapped him up? 

He is. Chiesa and Berardi arent in the squad and would usually start

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

In my youth, I never thought I'd grow up and dream of seeing a hybrid of Dwight Yorke and Ian Ormondroyd starting for Villa - but here he is!

I hear ya. Reckon a touch of Ian Olney more than Ormondroyd 😁

image.jpeg.3f2bc323fc90a4c16ac85b6c3c763b24.jpeg

• Like 3

Based on how effective he looks off the right....

He's going to replace Leon imo.

(Sidenote: pains me to say Leon has been absolute tripe in Jamaicas' last two matches this week - with caveat that the pitch is also terrible)

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Good he's got plenty of minutes for Italy in the break, that will get his match fitness up nicely so he should be in contention to start v Palace which will be exciting.

He was also in several physical battles, lots of different ranges of movement, sudden sprints etc. It's very encouraging to see him unrestricted and able to play fully. Here's hoping that he's over those nasty injuries. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He was also in several physical battles, lots of different ranges of movement, sudden sprints etc. It's very encouraging to see him unrestricted and able to play fully. Here's hoping that he's over those nasty injuries. 

But he may need a rest. 135 minutes of football in a week is very good but do we want to give him another 90 3 days later?

On 11/09/2023 at 15:26, romavillan said:

He'll probs start against Ukraine, there's going to be a lot of changes.

when does he play against "The England" 🤣

I would have made the same mistake.......Oh for a peaceful life.

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, lexicon said:

churchill....oh yes.jpg

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Dropped deep sometimes too even though it looked like Spalletti mostly wanted him on the line wide right, I think he's better centrally but he had a good game. Be good to see him start against Palace.

36 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

But he may need a rest. 135 minutes of football in a week is very good but do we want to give him another 90 3 days later?

Another 90 is unlikely. Probably a substitute appearance.

Then again - Leon has started twice over this break and might get another start this weekend against Palace. Leon at home is Dr Jekyll.

Chelsea away is what I would target for Nicolo's first start. We need his physical presence away when teams want to get on us, especially since we've struggled to break out of the press without JJ and Buendia.

He played really well with his back to goal this break which is something that has been missing overall since Buendia and JJ have been out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

(Sidenote: pains me to say Leon has been absolute tripe in Jamaicas' last two matches this week - with caveat that the pitch is also terrible)

Horses for courses, they’ll rotate games.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Its kinda funny, because he is like that for us away from home.

• Haha 2

Â