Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

5 hours ago, brommy said:

I walked by Tommy Elphick along Trinity Road last season and I'd put him at around 6' to 6'1". The joke on VT came about because some saw his height as a restriction against playing CB and it then became a joke that some were claiming a six footer as a virtual dwarf.

And also all the confusion with us trying to convert that into meters and centimeters 😄 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

And also all the confusion with us trying to convert that into meters and centimeters 😄 

Come on, even my kids know what 6 foot is when used to describe height. It's two Elphicks.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Two Elphicks is actually easier to grasp how tall that is! 

That makes me glad to be very comfortable in metric and imperial units. Probably a result of the timing of my education rather than my intellect, as I'm far from 'bilingual' in anything else and I think Nicolo will use English far more than imperial units.😆

• Like 1

I can’t deny it… I’m massively excited about this guy and how good of a player he could be for us… the talent is there at the very least but… I think we have the right manager and environment for him to thrive in… 

Could he turn out to be the shock or surprise signing of the season perhaps? Depending on how well he does of course… 

He is really going to boost our attack I feel… especially once he is up and running… fit and firing, familiar with his teammates. settled into the team…

Edited by Jas10

16 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Grammarphobia

"The word’s origins are obscure, but Eric Partridge’s A Dictionary of Slang and Unconventional English, edited by Paul Beale, suggests that “tw*t” may be related to “twachylle,” a word from the 1400s meaning a passage or lane.

“Twachylle,” according to the OED, comes from an even older word for a fork in a road. Other sources suggest a link to the Old Norse word thveit, a forest clearing. "

According to the Penguin book of historical slang, to twatch, is to mend a gap in a hedge: a labiaplasty, perhaps?

Twachylle = twitchel, a passage.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I like the Elphick one to be fair.

Should be a standard unit, like the Wales unit for describing areas affected by a disaster. The Elphick would be handy for all sorts of stuff, like at Alton Towers your kids should be 1 elphick high for the more extreme rides before they're allowed on. 

5 hours ago, romavillan said:

Should be a standard unit, like the Wales unit for describing areas affected by a disaster. The Elphick would be handy for all sorts of stuff, like at Alton Towers your kids should be 1 elphick high for the more extreme rides before they're allowed on. 

How many corgis in 1 Elphick?

1 hour ago, brommy said:

Agreed. This is Emery teaching Nicolò how to wear shorts - 'Yours are too high'.

clearly not true.

Emery's finger is pointing up, so he is clearly saying "your left one is lower than your right one, pull the left one up, then at least your shorts look like proper Y-Fronts".

• Haha 1

Â