Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

10 minutes ago, allani said:

Not sure why you are comparing him to an attacking winger.  He plays in a completely different position to Mitoma.  The only think that links them is that they have the three vowels a, i and o in their surname...

does he play central then ? I know very little of him but thought he was a winger

10 minutes ago, allani said:

Not sure why you are comparing him to an attacking winger.  He plays in a completely different position to Mitoma.  The only think that links them is that they have the three vowels a, i and o in their surname...

If I am not mistaken , he play a lot as a right winger at Gala.. right winger & left winger basically need same skill set , only the stronger feet is difference 

Just now, mattyvilla said:

does he play central then ? I know very little of him but thought he was a winger

Apparently can play anywhere across the front line ( SS, Wide Forward ), as well as an AM/10 based on reports I've read from people who should know.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

He’s mostly a central attacking midfielder/second striker hybrid

Edited by The_Steve
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

Think attacking wingers need more skill,  acceleration and vision than physical strength…am still thinking Mitoma’s goal and assist in the weekend.. 

I imagine as somebody else pointed out that his PT plan has him building his thigh and knee muscles to help him out Vs future ACL issues (having injured it twice already)

..in the same way Jack over-focussed on his calves to help protect from his own niggling injury issues and the number of small fouls he would've taken during a season as players tried to take his legs away

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I imagine as somebody else pointed out that his PT plan has him building his thigh and knee muscles to help him out Vs future ACL issues (having injured it twice already)

..in the same way Jack over-focussed on his calves to help protect from his own niggling injury issues and the number of small fouls he would've taken during a season as players tried to take his legs away

Yes this make sense. Thanks for clarifying. 

15 minutes ago, mattyvilla said:

Yeah - more of a 10 really.  Even when he plays "wide" - he's more of a corner of the box man than a hug the touchline man.  His aim is to attack the box to get a shot away rather than to try and get to the byline and get a cross in.  So whilst he is technically good - strength, power and speed are more his tool-set than "dancing feet".  He prefers to be on the right - so it will be very interesting to see how things work with him, Diaby and Ollie.  I think it will be very similar to the Everton match in terms of Zaniolo coming in for Bailey and then him and Diaby being pretty fluid in terms of who goes central, who goes wide, both going wide to try and create space, etc.  Will work well with Ollie who also tends to drift left - so opposition defenders are going to need to be on their toes as the man in their zone is likely to change on a regular basis.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

As said before his talent is not in question but his mentality and his awful temeperament is a worry especially if he starts getting kicked. His card record is a huge concern

Personally, I have missed a proper w**ker character in the side. The days of Gavin McCann were heady indeed. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Personally, I have missed a proper w**ker character in the side. The days of Gavin McCann were heady indeed. 

Its not that type of character. More of a stupid Lee Hendrie cards type

16 minutes ago, allani said:

Yeah - more of a 10 really.  Even when he plays "wide" - he's more of a corner of the box man than a hug the touchline man.  His aim is to attack the box to get a shot away rather than to try and get to the byline and get a cross in.  So whilst he is technically good - strength, power and speed are more his tool-set than "dancing feet".  He prefers to be on the right - so it will be very interesting to see how things work with him, Diaby and Ollie.  I think it will be very similar to the Everton match in terms of Zaniolo coming in for Bailey and then him and Diaby being pretty fluid in terms of who goes central, who goes wide, both going wide to try and create space, etc.  Will work well with Ollie who also tends to drift left - so opposition defenders are going to need to be on their toes as the man in their zone is likely to change on a regular basis.

that Suits me.

Something we have been missing imo.

• Like 1

Â