Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

Why would Galatasaray agree to that?

He didn’t want to go there in the first place. It was the only escape route from Roma after some crazy fans turned up at his home. It was always a stop gap for him going there and I am sure Gala deep down knew that. For them it was a win win of a good player, and an inevitable profit come a year or 2. 

That said, all transfers are a risk. 

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

The contacts are dense and it could be closed by tomorrow, at least that's the intentions of the English club. 

Oh crap. He's going to Blues. That can only refer to Craig Gardner. 

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Unfortunately not, but there's this guy called Pau Torres who can. Very highly rated, used to play under Emery. We should sign him.

I was operating under the assumption that Emery might want to try him at LB again as per pre season. Maybe we can try Carlos there, I think he was left sided at Sevilla. 

On topic, I'm not convinced by Zaniolo but maybe that means he's exactly the type of player Emery could get a tune out of him like his collection of prem rejects at Villarreal (Coquelin, Foyth, Danjuma, etc)

Edited by wict01

55 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Im so confused mate why you asking me this again when ive just informed you its a loan deal we are chasing

Is he one of their better players? I would hope so!

Why would they loan us one of their better players? I don't understand. What is the benefit to Galatasaray This is surely a permanent transfer in all but name.

23 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Why would they loan us one of their better players? I don't understand. What is the benefit to Galatasaray This is surely a permanent transfer in all but name.

I cant tell you how good he is tbh. Ive nevee seen him play

Its widely reported its a loan with option to buy

23 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Nothing suggests that though.  None of the rumours have suggested a mandatory buy, it’s all been option to buy.  I don’t get how this benefits Galatasaray either but obviously based on the rumours the deal is close so obviously it’s something they do but no mandatory option has been said anywhere as far as I am aware. 

40 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Things really turned sour at Roma and he had to leave for somewhere. The only concrete options were Bournemouth or Galatasary, he chose Galatasary probably under the agreement that they’d let him leave fairly easily if a team from a higher league came in for him. For Gala they get a good player for a while and the potential to make a quick profit, so it made sense to agree to that.

As to why a loan deal, we are reportedly offering a loan fee and probably the “option” to buy will become mandatory under certain conditions. Galatasary probably know that his injury record will put a lot of teams off, probably why they were one of the only teams in for him in January, so by allowing a loan first that might be a way for them to add another few million to the deal. The total package reportedly offered is €3m loan fee, €20m + €7m optional transfer fee + add ons which is double the €15m they paid in January - that’s why it makes sense for them 

Edited by david-avfc
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

It's 100% mandatory, we are signing him. This is the same as what Arsenal are doing with Raya, loan now and buy later to get around FFP.

He was a record transfer for the Turkish League at 15m, they aren't just loaning him out for 3m. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

It's 100% mandatory, we are signing him. This is the same as what Arsenal are doing with Raya, loan now and buy later to get around FFP.

He was a record transfer for the Turkish League at 15m, they aren't just loaning him out for 3m. 

Except that Arsenal's deal for Raya is not a compulsory purchase. They do have a choice. That's why he extended his Brentford contract first, so that if it doesn't work out with Arsenal, Brentford can sell him next summer to someone else.

Edited by Monkeypuzzle

Â