Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Is this just because of Buendia getting injured or is it a player we were going to sign anyway?

Can't work it out for sure. Maybe the loan with option means it's a Buendia replacement type signing

I think that additional striker if Archer leaves is needed for sure. That will tell us if this was just a Buendia cover move

i cant see how it would be because of Buendia tbh.

they are totally different players, Zaniolo is more of the winger/inside forward type, not the midfield area like Buendia under Emery.

I would guess we would be in for a Zaniolo type regardless (be that Zaniolo or someone else).

i can see us bringing in another midfielder/AM tho, due to the Buendia thing.

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Is this just because of Buendia getting injured or is it a player we were going to sign anyway?

Can't work it out for sure. Maybe the loan with option means it's a Buendia replacement type signing

I think that additional striker if Archer leaves is needed for sure. That will tell us if this was just a Buendia cover move

IIRC we were linked before  Buendia's injury.

There's a few clickbaity articles saying Roma will get a cut of any eventual fee paid for a permanent transfer from Galatasaray to Villa

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

This will be my last post on this site as it is now impossible to display an opinion or be contradictory in any way to the club without being belittled.

Everything is brilliant and the club will never get anything wrong every again or do something someone might actually not agree with.

Brilliant.

End football.

Shock as world's angriest man gets easily upset.

• Haha 4

We were being linked to No.10 type players all summer, I think it was always likely we would sign one as an upgrade on Buendia or to challenge him more, and this proposed deal obviously hasn't suddenly happened after EB's injury yesterday, would have already been in progress.

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i cant see how it would be because of Buendia tbh.

they are totally different players, Zaniolo is more of the winger/inside forward type, not the midfield area like Buendia under Emery.

I would guess we would be in for a Zaniolo type regardless (be that Zaniolo or someone else).

i can see us bringing in another midfielder/AM tho, due to the Buendia thing.

Yeah so maybe Zaniolo is in and Archer is out. Then we assess the Buendia issue before end of window. 

20 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If we end up signing him in a few days then I think it would have been something that was pre-planned. If it drags on a few weeks is more likely to be a reaction to Buendia's injury. 

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah so maybe Zaniolo is in and Archer is out. Then we assess the Buendia issue before end of window. 

thing is tho, Archer is a striker, i dont think i would class Zaniolo as a striker.

We would be pretty silly to let Archer go if we didnt get a dedicated striker in.

tbh i tend to agree with For The Love of Paul McGrath podcast, who said he thinks we will end up with a cheap(ish) 30ish year old striker, who isnt world class but prob just "very good", to help share the workload with Watkins.

If i were a betting man i would say we are likely to sign:

1) Zaniolo (or a winger/inside forward in a similar mould).

2) A not so expensive, possibly slightly older striker to support and share the workload with Watkins.

3) a midfielder, possibly one in the Buendia mould.

4) i saw somewhere a rumour that someone offered for Carlos, so maybe a CD or right back depending on how Emery wants the back line to work.

Edited by MaVilla

38 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

I too would love to see an Italian back at Villa. I loved Carbone so if Zaniolo can replicate him on any level he will be a great signing...  

Ditch us for Bradford City because we can’t match their ludicrous salary offer?

• Haha 2

51 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Some quotes I've just seen from Unai defo makes it seems Zaniolo is in the mind as a striking backup as well.

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Other outlets have shared the same quotes.

John Townley etc 

Aside from that, Romano has no reason to make it up?

fair enough.

feels a bit strange for Emery to be so....open about possible targets.

• Like 1

Â