Pre Match Thread: Lions Will Roar

ejs1111

35 minutes ago, RichW said:

If we do happen to lose, I am going to be a lot more optimistic compared to last year and the year before. After the Bournemouth loss it was obvious Gerrard probably wouldn’t be sticking around for long.  Unai Emery has me confident Villa are going to have a good season but I’m wary it could just be a bit of a slow start before Villa click into gear after the Liverpool game. 

Agreed, the occasional loss is not a major problem so long as we are putting in relatively consistent performances…

We have direction, we have a plan…. makes a pleasant change.

6 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I hadn’t heard the Watkins rumour… that’s stuffed us if so.

Just now, Villa87 said:

I can’t find the Watkins rumour - if he is out that’s us ****. Couldn’t make up our injury situation to start the season. 

Just to say I am only going by the talk on on topic. I haven’t seen anything myself. Basically third hand information at best.

• Like 1

WTF… who are we going to play up there if he’s out? Diaby?

We lose so much in terms of strength and endeavour without Ollie, proper figurehead for us… we are beset by injuries 🤦‍♂️

Forced to step up our transfer activity… squad is depleted… whole left hand side is out…

But… we still have good players and a brilliant manager…

I have been wondering quite how much we have actually strengthened or become more formidable… how many guaranteed starters have we signed?

Hoping he’s fine…

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Such a horrid fixture to start the season. 

i like getting it out of the way right at the start tbh. I'd much rather have the return match at VP later in the season for the run in -- instead of having to go up there

16 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

WTF… who are we going to play up there if he’s out? Diaby?

We lose so much in terms of strength and endeavour without Ollie, proper figurehead for us… we are beset by injuries 🤦‍♂️

Forced to step up our transfer activity… squad is depleted… whole left hand side is out…

But… we still have good players and a brilliant manager…

I have been wondering quite how much we have actually strengthened or become more formidable… how many guaranteed starters have we signed?

Hoping he’s fine…

Diaby up top, Coutinho behind. Same for the rest.