Jas10

Bailey or Philogene?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Bailey or Philogene?

• Sell Bailey, Keep Philogene
    • Keep Bailey, Loan Philogene
    • Keep Bailey, Sell Philogene

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/08/23 at 18:57

3 minutes ago, Adman said:

For how much?

Bailey? Hmmm… let’s say 15-20m… I can’t imagine anyone offering more than that… and I can’t imagine the club accepting any less considering what we paid for him…

Btw, I’d rather keep both around. Just interested to gauge opinion.

Again, this is just a hypothetical…

Edited by Jas10

The obvious selection is keep both til the winter window. No need to set our players against each other. Their will be more than enough fullbacks for them to abuse in the first half of the season. 

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I know you're allergic to " Philogene or Traore " , but i feel that is what is more likely... lol

Hope I’ve not offended you with this mate 😆

I do want to see what Leon can do this season, especially with Moussa here now… there’s a lot more we can get out of him.

Na, I’ve accepted that Berty doesn’t really have a future here… last year of contract too… don’t see the urgency to get rid ahead of that though, a useful backup/reserve for all the matches we will play including weaker opposition in ECL…

I just wanted to see what general opinion is as Bailey keeps getting slated and Philogene is getting praised… but do some people still see Leon as the player with more ability and more to offer?

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Hope I’ve not offended you with this mate 😆

I do want to see what Leon can do this season, especially with Moussa here now… there’s a lot more we can get out of him.

Na, I’ve accepted that Berty doesn’t really have a future here… last year of contract too… don’t see the urgency to get rid ahead of that though, a useful backup/reserve for all the matches we will play including weaker opposition in ECL…

I just wanted to see what general opinion is as Bailey keeps getting slated and Philogene is getting praised… but do some people still see Leon as the player with more ability and more to offer?

Lol mate if I get offended because of people's opinion on a player I'm a b*tch.

Defensive and partially biased, of course, but personally offended? Nah.

That wouldn't be right as a Football and Villa fan mate.

Diaby gives an upgrade on Bailey. Philogene gives us a chance to blood an academy graduate because we have an upgrade on Bailey. He is good enough. Will be rubbish in some games but a chance to run at the fullback in the last 20 mins at VP facing the Holte will be well worth it. He will have everyone on their feet. Extremely exciting once he is fully unleashed. Anyone who doesnt think so please watch his highlights on youtube. He is alot of fun.

Oh yeah. Keep Fillet Jean and sell or loan Bailey

Edited by MWARLEY2
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lol mate if I get offended because of people's opinion on a player I'm a b*tch.

Defensive and partially biased, of course, but personally offended? Nah.

That wouldn't be right as a Football and Villa fan mate.

You’re one of the few sensible ones then 🤣

I hope Bailey and Buendia tear it up this season Btw…

• Like 2

Worth considering, that we could possibly get a decent fee for Bailey and that would help out in other ways such as ffp and freeing up finances/wages to spend on other options… 

He’s one of the few players that is probably not deemed essential that we could potentially get a reasonable fee in for.

We’re not going to get much for Berty… as it stands, he’s just running his contract down (let’s see, if he’s given the chance, if he can somehow earn an extension and come into some major form… it’s difficult to see though) and will be released at the end of it…

If, and let me emphasise if, we need to bring in a decent fee for one or two players that aren’t going key for us… then we are really short on options…

The players we’ve already let go… we’ve hardly made anything or recouped anything on… the same would apply for a few others in a similar situation, not valued.

Keep both. Even if we sign another winger that's still only leaves us with 4 fast wingers + Buendia, Ramsey, Coutinho and McGinn for 3 positions in a season where if we reach group stages we will have 48 games minimum. And Jacob and McGinn will also likely play in 2 tohwr positions as well. 

Â