Judge Mental's Sexism and Misogyny Topic

mjmooney

22 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I have two daughters aged 25 and 17. Both have been season ticket holders for years and are massive Villa fans. I wouldn't for a second encourage them to come on here though as I don't think it is a female friendly environment as there is casual sexism and I don't think they'd enjoy it. I think they'd have an expectation it would be male dominated anyway though so wouldn't even try it. I might ask them actually. 

Tbf it’s probabaly not the place for women posters … we only tolerated  Baselayers because we all knew she was really @villaajax from the start ….

but , if they joined it would be a great education for them , they'd get to learn how Mark E smith is the most influential musician to have ever walked the planet and any artist that has sold more than 100 records is automatically crap :) …  heck I’d even rejoin the bolitics  threads and see if I can undo all the lefty brainwashing you must have subjected them to over the years :D

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I bet in real life some of the people on here if they were to meet in real life they would get on better than they do on this forum 

Interesting you say that … 

Back in the early days the late night political discussion were fantastic sport for tipping people over the edge , the mods certainly had to burn the midnight oil in those days  … some of it in hindsight was not my finest moment but then it was just faceless entities on the internet it didn’t matter 

but the thing was even though we locked horns on here , we did actually met in real life , share a pint and have  many a great conversation … the two Ian’s who winding up was part of my daily ritual were both lovely blokes who I enjoyed meeting numerous times , Robo sadly I’ve lost touch with but drat I’m still in occasional contact with and have been watching his battle with prostrate cancer with admiration … 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

Interesting you say that … 

Back in the early days the late night political discussion were fantastic sport for tipping people over the edge , the mods certainly had to burn the midnight oil in those days  … some of it in hindsight was not my finest moment but then it was just faceless entities on the internet it didn’t matter 

but the thing was even though we locked horns on here , we did actually met in real life , share a pint and have  many a great conversation … the two Ian’s who winding up was part of my daily ritual were both lovely blokes who I enjoyed meeting numerous times , Robo sadly I’ve lost touch with but drat I’m still in occasional contact with and have been watching his battle with prostrate cancer with admiration … 

Shit sorry to hear about drat01 that sucks. I met him a couple times.  Its so wierd we had a few run ins on here but in real life we got on like a house on fire. He is a top geezer. Please send him my best wishes when you next speak to him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

Yes your amazingly wrong., I mean most of us don't say that anymore, generally cause we are either married or have a partner, but there is no doubt in the banter, we would still, shall we say appreciate, if a women in the pub was hot.

As for the core of users, you right, but there's also many who don't reply on subjects like this as they may have seen how posters with differing opinions get lambasted, or most likely they have just pressed ignore.

didn't take you long to pull this card out did it

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Must be right boring night down the pub with the lads with some on here, especially if you can't even have 'the banter' anymore.

If we follow the rules of some on VT, how the hell are people able to meet women now?  

Wow. Just wow. 

I really don't know where to begin with that little lot. 

• Like 3

Just now, bickster said:

Can’t be arsed, not worth the effort

I spent quite a while with that thought before starting the thread. But did it anyway. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

heck I’d even rejoin the bolitics  threads and see if I can undo all the lefty brainwashing you must have subjected them to over the years :D

They'd rip you to pieces in there mate. As far as politics are concerned they are way more rabid than me especially my youngest. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Well your just on cue, it's just starting.

maybe it's just me, but if i was frequently 'lambasted' my views on certain topics on a forum, i'd probably ask myself why, rather than just complaining about it.

i'm trying as best as i can not to go poster on poster here, but you often pop up on these threads be it the racism, transgender thread etc, say your piece and then complain that people are attacking you when it's clear that your views go against the mainstream on this forum. it's not your first rodeo. maybe it's just easier to put it all down to leftie woke rubbish or something but some of us want to have a discussion about this sort of thing and better ourselves. maybe not even bettering ourselves as such...maybe it's just considering what we write on a PUBLIC forum (which is what the OP was suggesting) to enable ALL villa fans to consider this a safe space for them to contribute

anyway, in reference to your original post about it must be a boring night down the pub with some of us, if your idea of a good night down the pub is: "look at a women your attracted to and tell your pals, she fit and would **** her. " (your words not mine) then i'd argue that sounds pretty **** boring myself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Wow. Just wow. 

I really don't know where to begin with that little lot. 

You say that but when I first met Mrs Sidcow and asked her out she was actually DISGUSTED that I hadn't told my mates I thought she was fit and I would **** her, and insisted I went back to them and said that before she agreed to go out with me. 

Looking back she was absolutely right. I really don't see any other way how we could get together. Don't know what was going through my head really just going and asking her. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

maybe it's just me, but if i was frequently 'lambasted' my views on certain topics on a forum, i'd probably ask myself why, rather than just complaining about it.

i'm trying as best as i can not to go poster on poster here, but you often pop up on these threads be it the racism, transgender thread etc, say your piece and then complain that people are attacking you when it's clear that your views go against the mainstream on this forum. it's not your first rodeo. maybe it's just easier to put it all down to leftie woke rubbish or something but some of us want to have a discussion about this sort of thing and better ourselves. maybe not even bettering ourselves as such...maybe it's just considering what we write on a PUBLIC forum (which is what the OP was suggesting) to enable ALL villa fans to consider this a safe space for them to contribute

anyway, in reference to your original post about it must be a boring night down the pub with some of us, if your idea of a good night down the pub is: "look at a women your attracted to and tell your pals, she fit and would **** her. " (your words not mine) then i'd argue that sounds pretty **** boring myself.

The mainstream of about 10 people, when there must be 100+ on this forum, your in the minority chap.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You say that but when I first met Mrs Sidcow and asked her out she was actually DISGUSTED that I hadn't told my mates I thought she was fit and I would **** her, and insisted I went back to them and said that before she agreed to go out with me. 

Looking back she was absolutely right. I really don't see any other way how we could get together. Don't know what was going through my head really just going and asking her. 

Yeah a bit more evidence to the narrative that foreveryoung and his pals are sexist when you take it out of context, an add a bit.

Edited by foreveryoung

9 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Yes your amazingly wrong., I mean most of us don't say that anymore, generally cause we are either married or have a partner, but there is no doubt in the banter, we would still, shall we say appreciate, if a women in the pub was hot.

has anyone said you can’t do that?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, sidcow said:

Did you mention you'd like to DHUTWU?

(That's a phrase I've noticed has become increasingly popular on here. Casual misogyny ahoy!)

Â