Women’s World Cup 2023

Giro

Some dreadful penalties and lack of quality in the final third from USA In a game they really should have won.

England have a great chance of lifting the world cup and I don't expect a Southgate like  **** up like Im the mens

Edited by PaulC
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Some dreadful penalties and lack of quality in the final third from USA In a game they really should have won.

England have a great chance of lifting the world cup and I don't expect a Southgate like  **** up like Im the mens

Japan play Spain in the quarters the winner will win it all from what I have seen.

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

Japan play Spain in the quarters the winner will win it all from what I have seen.

England beat Spain In the euros nd thrashed Japan 4-0 last match so i think england have the edge mentally 

Edited by PaulC

10 hours ago, robby b said:

It's very difficult to see if the whole of the ball has crossed the whole of the line. Her goal is being reported as having crossed it by just a few millimetres but I think we need to have more zoom in for this image above to be abke to see that and maybe a bit better picture quality.

I'm really not sure about this, but my thought when I saw this was that this was where the ball was when the goalie 'saved' it a second time (which they are not allowed to do) and it was clearly spinning back into the net at that point. I may be talking bollocks though!

• Like 1

I only saw the “high lights” of normal time but it seemed that the Sweden keeper played a blinder. No disrespect to the keepers in the women’s  game but often it looks, well not not so skillful. The Sweden keeper was an absolute shot blocker. Refreshingly attractive in a football sense. Sometimes the better team doesn’t win but kudos to Sweden. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm really not sure about this, but my thought when I saw this was that this was where the ball was when the goalie 'saved' it a second time (which they are not allowed to do) and it was clearly spinning back into the net at that point. I may be talking bollocks though!

That can't be true. And even if it was, there'd be no justification for giving a goal because it was "clearly" going back in.

It's simply that it had crossed the line, just.

Â