Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

It's got to the point where I couldn't honestly say what his strengths are.

Pace ? Dribbling ? Eye for a goal ? Tracking back ?

If Bailey is anywhere fit to start then please bench Diaby. 

• Like 1

A positive is we have seen he has quality so its like has been a complete dud from the get go. Players can struggle in the first season in Premier League its not uncommon

Probably needs taken out of firing line to try rebuild his confidence. I think that Burnley game when he should have scored about 4 has not helped

• Like 3

Contributing absolutely nothing at the moment but like others have said it could be just a confidence issue.

We've already seen earlier in the season that he possesses real quality but he needs a break for a few games imo.

Last night when he tried to square it instead of shooting when he had a glorious chance says everything.

The Diaby we saw earlier in the season puts his laces through that.

Adrenalin perhaps got him through the stat of the season (maybe that's a cop out, he obvs scored and assisted).

The part that was concerning last night was his touch under pressure. Was like a brick wall, his turn under pressure was ropey. Decision making was also off. IMO confidence is in the gutter for whatever reason. 

Leon (ok he came on as a sub after watching Diaby have a poor game) and turned his man inside out...

Side note (wrong thread) goal(s) even the disallowed would have done Ollie a world of good, soon the same for Diaby too, when it happens. 

Edited by welshvillan

players dip in form. it wasn't long ago i was debating with my mates that if jack came back i wouldn't play him over JJ which sounds quite funny now based on his form

there are a number of players out of form now, diaby being one of them, but he's getting the scapegoat treatment probably (rightly or wrongly) due to the money spent on him. if diaby was the free transfer and kamara was 50m then i suspect he would be getting the heavy criticism instead.

4 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

He doesn't score, he doesn't beat a man, he doesn't dribble. He is winger ffs!

He was literally rinsing anyone and everyone every week at the start of the season. He was sensational, never seen anything like it from a new signing. I'm so sad now.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He was literally rinsing anyone and everyone every week at the start of the season. He was sensational, never seen anything like it from a new signing. I'm so sad now.

Literally.

6 hours ago, Keyblade said:

This thread is reading like the Bailey thread circa 2022.

I saw enough in his first few games to know there's a player in there. He was genuinely good.

Quoting to echo the above. 

It’s embarrassing how quickly people turn on players these days. Moussa is quality and still finding his feet in the league. Several key players in the squad are suffering from a lack of form or confidence (sometimes both). It happens in football. Players need our support still. It’s one thing to call him out of form, quite another to call him a dud. Genuinely embarrassing and unhelpful stuff. 

Him and Bailey played together at leverkusen and were very effective, we need to use them in the same way here when their both on the pitch, a good time to start is against Sheffield United away, need to start quickly and get a goal otherwise it will become a slog.

in that position he will still have goal scoring opportunities and will be able to have more space. When he plays in this central role and Leon also plays, they get in eachothers way. I think we need to abandon (for now) this attempt to mould him into a player which Dosent naturally suit him 

• Like 1

Funny how Diaby gets so much support considering how bad he has been for a long period and giving that he played for 65 minutes and was part of the team that was 3-0 down and yet it's Zaniolo people are critizising as the first thing. The guy cost us 50mill and it feels like we are playing with 10 men whenever he is playing...

• Thanks 1

Where have you gone Moussa. Come back please.

Agree with various comments that he should be given minutes from the bench rather than starting games at the moment. 

Bailey's confidence issues seemed very much related to his injuries and recovery from them in the past. What worked for him might not work for Diaby, but Diaby needs taking out the firing line until he gets his mojo back.

From Unai’s perspective, I get why he took him off against Burnley. Yes, spurned some good chances - but he always looked like being a scoring threat which tbh made it a baffling sub at the time which I think Unai got wrong. His body language coming off shows how much that impacted his confidence. Some of the misses weren't that bad - more of a case of either a good save or trying to hard to put your laces through it. He will find his form again. 

Â