Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

14 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Good to see the fans didn't lazily go with "Ohhhh Moussa Diabyyyy". His chant is awesome

It's great but only works for this season due to the words :D 

19 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Found this hidden in the depths of youtube. Never seen any Villa player EVER as good as this at being so accurate at such a pace  .  Watched it 3 times in a row its that good.

Not sure if others will agree but I don't think prime Ash was too far behind this level in his first stint.  Top class winger for a couple of seasons.  

Slightly different players though, Ash stayed wide more. 

13 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's great but only works for this season due to the words :D 

I thought that but we still sing about Spiksy, Birchy and Alan McInally. If we reach (and win in) Athens the lyric could act as a reminder of success/general aspiration for reaching a final in future seasons.

My problem with it is if we fail to get to Athens then it will fall flat.

Plus I’d kinda got myself geared up for the Whitney song.

He is so much more than a pure athlete/ speed merchant isnt he? His speed of though and decision making are also excellent, complimented by incredible skill

Its comforting that in the video posted above there are a couple of finishes identical to the one against Burnley, and an assist identical to the one he laid on a plate for Ollie (the pin perfect cross from the wing). So his form so far isnt a fluke - this guy is the real deal. And I reckon he still hasnt hit top gear yet. Scary stuff

• Like 1

also, to add ( because im on a Moussa High right now) I love his confidence - he doesnt seem surprised when he beats a man or scores because thats what he meant to do. So many Villa players in the past were as shocked as we were watching when they did something well 😁 ( I wont name and shame) - whereas Diaby has that Gallic nonchalance which suggests that nothing he does is down to luck. 

30 minutes ago, beasley14 said:

Not sure if others will agree but I don't think prime Ash was too far behind this level in his first stint.  Top class winger for a couple of seasons.  

Slightly different players though, Ash stayed wide more. 

Young was worth his weight in gold for set pieces alone. If Diabys time at Villa is anything like Youngs then we will all be very happy. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Think they will be thinking the same about Diaz, Nunez, Jota, Gakpo, Salah against Diego and Torres.

Torres obviously not the quickest and even Burnley managed to get clear through from simple through balls a couple of times. 

It’s going to be an interesting game for sure, Diaby and Ollie up against matip and Gomez could be a treat. Like you say though I thought at times against Burnley we were a bit shaky at the back and there’s not really much pace in our back three so if we’re going high line it needs to be perfect for 90 minutes 

On 29/08/2023 at 11:35, IrishVilla10 said:

It’s going to be an interesting game for sure, Diaby and Ollie up against matip and Gomez could be a treat. Like you say though I thought at times against Burnley we were a bit shaky at the back and there’s not really much pace in our back three so if we’re going high line it needs to be perfect for 90 minutes 

I reckon we’ll naturally sit a bit deeper and make it hard for them to break us down then hit on break with pace of Diaby and Watkins. Liverpool love the long ball over the top so playing too high a line could be suicide. Hopefully Emi is back and ready to do a lot of sweeping up. 

VVD is excellent at long Diagonals so another plus that he is missing. 

9 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Missed out on French Squad

Surprised at that but not bad news for Villa seeing as we're gonna have Thursday games coming up shortly. 

Nice little break for him.

I'm travelling to Paris for the Ireland game so it's pleasing that we don't have to worry about him and now only need to focus on stopping Mbappe, Coman, Giroud etc

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I'm surprised at that - can't see him being overlooked by the end of this season. 

They have an embarrassment of riches to be fair but I do think Deschamps is a bit of a French Southgate. I know he has won a World Cup but that squad over the past 10 years in comparison to others should have really dominated World football in my opinion.  Maybe they lacked a world class keeper ?

Agree Diaby will be back in the squad at some point. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I'm surprised at that - can't see him being overlooked by the end of this season. 

Yeah I think end of the season he'll be there. The French team has been so successful and has a lot of talent that it'll be tough for him to get in.

But he should be looking at the likes of Thuram, Muani and maybe even Coman and Dembele thinking he can take their spot

Utterly bizarre how he's not in French squad. Their attack is stacked but with Nkunku being injured I thought he'd be guaranteed to be in especially with how he's started the season with us. Deschamps is a strange man.

Digne also should have been recalled IMO. Only Bouba selected.

Slightly concerned about his deep build up play in our system. 

Elite when we’re on the ball a lot or facing forward in transition but unable to replicate Buendia and McGinn when they were in that second striker role building up deep. 

One of the reasons we struggled vs Newcastle and Liverpool when they pressed high. 

Â