Moussa Diaby

Delphinho123

3 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Watch us pay through the nose and he's shit in the PL. Give it a few months people will be crying for Bailey back in the team when Diaby get's squashed by.... probably Ben Mee. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Watch us pay through the nose and he's shit in the PL. Give it a few months people will be crying for Bailey back in the team when Diaby get's squashed by.... probably Ben Mee. 

I give it week after signing before Delphino has brandished him the worst thing ever to appear in a Villa shirt since Buendia

4 minutes ago, danceoftheshamen said:

You see this is more like it and exactly why Fifa / Uefa need to find a way to intervene here.

The PIF fund, having just bought Newcastle, are now rigging the whole game. We are quite clearly a threat to Newcastle next season in the Premier League with arguably both teams going for a top 5 place. 

On the one hand we get castigated by UEFA for our association with a Portugese team, on the other Newcastles owners run amok in a jumped up league where there owners have not one but four clubs which they are using to "interfere" with Newcastles direct rivals. Taking Diaby off us, Henderson from Liverpool etc etc  whilst I believe buying and them loaning a player stright away to Newcastle, who is on obscene money which Newcastle would never be able to pay due to FFP. 

They are basically running amok. Setting up Newcastle by strengthening them whilst in other ways weakening their rivals.

Where are the regulations from the governing bodies to stop this happening?? The whole thing is becoming farcical. It's effectively Man City on steroids.

Immediately Fifa & Uefa should ban them from loaning players to any of their member clubs and from having any rights of any of the clubs they own from entering European competition.

As for Diaby himself, well he'd almost be stupid to refuse the money. Would you?

Footballing reasons maybe something but what is that really going to count for when the whole thing is basically being trashed by corruption? 

World football and the Premier League is fast becoming a farce. Beware Fifa & beware Uefa...... especially beware Premier League!

I think its the Premier league that needs to be careful and on guard......This is a threat of stealth, and possibly skullduggery.

I don't see the same comparison of what other teams/countries have thought about the Premier League, bar from a few owners, who are still associated with this very source.....Most owners in the Prem, have accrued wealth, from traditonal business methods and of course we are blessed with a healthy media supporter, which gives us an edge.

I am not sure, what to believe here, in terms of player motives......on one hand I have to accept the lure of untold wealth, to seduce players to move to a country with a contrasting culture and a low level of football, hardly challenging any player.......on the other hand, I hear the desperate cries of Champions League football, from so many players linked with moves and the clamour to mix with the elite.

Quite frankly, guys, these mixed messages have my head in a spin.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Really unnecessary comments here especially about Mee 

.I wouldn't be overly disappointed if we didn't get him as their might be concerns how he'd stack up in a possession based system with little space to run into, and Leon Bailey has been a disappointment too, which despite being different players puts a bit of caution on the deal.

However there's not too many obvious options available that have some pedigree. 

2 hours ago, nick76 said:

I think we’ve tried with Williams and Asensio but you start to lose quality the further down the target list you go.  This guy wants to come and seems quality.  I don’t know enough about him to be as excited as yourself but it sounds like a bit extra maybe worthwhile especially after saving money on Tielemans and Torres signings.

I have to rely on the guys in charge.....I am as excited as the next man, in quality signings, but like you Nick, I have no idea, if we are on the cusp, of a profile changing addition or walking in to an ambush.

I was excited about Bailey, and listened to them, more in the know than me....but look how that turned out( so far)......This lad has 10 full international caps, sure its some competition in that role, but I am simply not sure we should, go hell bent for Leather, when there are alternatives, that could prove, just as good.

Monchie and Unai are not traditionally guys who are held to ransom on dutch auctions....so I trust their judgment on this.

If the competing clubs with such a huge wherewithal, get their man.....it wasn't meant to be, for us, is my view.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have to rely on the guys in charge.....I am excited as the next man, in quality signings, but like you Nick, I have no idea, if we are on the cusp, of a profile changing addition or walking in to an ambush.

I was excited about Bailey, and listened to them, more in the know than me....but look how that turned out( so far)......This lad has 10 full international caps, sure its some competition in that role, but I am simply not sure we should, go hell bent for Leather, when there are alternatives, that could prove, just as good.

Monchie and Unai are not traditionally guys who are held to ransom on dutch auctions....so I trust their judgment on this.

If the competing clubs with such a huge wherewithal, get their man.....it wasn't meant to be, for us, is my view.

I agree, it just seems we are at €55m and they want €60m, it’s not like we are £20m apart or something.  Monchi and Emery know what they are doing and these numbers might just be speculation by journalists and deal is closer or much further away but just based on what we are seeing I wouldnt put €5m or even €10m extra as hell for leather when the figure is already at €55m, that’s all I’m saying.  Anyway Emery and Monchi know what they are doing.

Edited by nick76

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think its the Premier league that needs to be careful and on guard......This is a threat of stealth, and possibly skullduggery.

I don't see the same comparison of what other teams/countries have thought about the Premier League, bar from a few owners, who are still associated with this very source.....Most owners in the Prem, have accrued wealth, from traditonal business methods and of course we are blessed with a healthy media supporter, which gives us an edge.

I am not sure, what to believe here, in terms of player motives......on one hand I have to accept the lure of untold wealth, to seduce players to move to a country with a contrasting culture and a low level of football, hardly challenging any player.......on the other hand, I hear the desperate cries of Champions League football, from so many players linked with moves and the clamour to mix with the elite.

Quite frankly, guys, these mixed messages have my head in a spin.

I don't think you're exaggerating TRO.

We are governed by UEFA and if any European League were suddenly to allow it's four top clubs to be taken over by a major funding group, UEFA would act immediately to ban these clubs from any transfer actions until they were returned to individual ownership. I also believe that these "theoretical clubs" would be banned from competing in their league. Can you imagine the opportunities for corruption when the "same owner" can decide who wins the league every season? 

The PIF group are based outside UEFA's sphere of control and believe that they can operate without constraint, but the club that they openly own (Newcastle) and the others that it is suspected they also may be funding (indirectly) are under UEFA's oversight and control. If PIF aren't careful they may create a scenario in which punitive action will be taken again their European assets.

As innocuous as the Diaby "bid" by Al Nassr may seem to disinterested parties, it could be an outlier of conflicts between clubs in the very near future.

I still think Diaby will sign for us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, The_Steve said:

Really unnecessary comments here especially about Mee 

Don't be ridiculous.... It was said in jest and not maliciously.

TBF there is continually a load of really unnecessary comments on here already without being triggered over mine. Especially when everyone is alive and well and still playing football. 

31 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

spacer.png

45 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I agree, it just seems we are at €55m and they want €60m, it’s not like we are £20m apart or something.  Monchi and Emery know what they are doing and these numbers might just be speculation by journalists and deal is closer or much further away but just based on what we are seeing I wouldnt put €5m or even €10m extra as hell for leather when the figure is already at €55m, that’s all I’m saying.  Anyway Emery and Monchi know what they are doing.

On another slant Nick.....I have just scrutinised the output of a number of wingers in terms of goals......now, we all know, goals alone are not just the be all and end all of a winger and that assists, and creation, play a huge part in their overall game.

but just bear with me on goals.

I have studied the output of Doku, Diaby, Gnonto, Bailey, and Barnes......and while Diaby comes out on top, studying their recent better leagues.....its not by much.

Now, I am not saying, I don't want Diaby, but if we do get him.....I hope we don't break the bank, because, I am not sure what to expect, in comparison to Bailey....in terms of THAT much better.

In the Bundesliga alone Bailey has scored 28 goals in 119 appearances.....and Diaby has scored 31 goals in 125 appearances......Now, as I say, this is not an all encompasing comparison, and they are wingers after all.....but so is/was Mane and Salah at Liverpool and they scored enough to be considered for judging on goal output.

I will reiterate, if UE and Monchie think its worth paying a record sum, fine......but I have my doubts, its such a massive upgrade on our own player......just a thought, thats all.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Mate what the hell are you on about ? They’ve signed a few over the hill players in their last contracts and a few other younger ones.

Killing our sport indeed! 🤣  

Get a grip.

I got a grip.

If you think its stopping here then carry on burying your head in the sand. This is just the start

Watch in few years if its a success better players will be going for money

Edited by Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I got a grip.

If you think its stopping here then carry on burying your head in the sand. This is just the start

Watch in few years if its a success better players will be going for money

So... the Premier League ruined the sport initially?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, beachboys1 said:

the way this is going its going to take all window

The stronger we perceive to be getting by other clubs, the more resistance, we have to expect.

Other clubs will try to stop our gallop, by whatever means they have.

I think Tielemans and Torres, alone, is enough to make other clubs wary....Diaby on top, may have them depressed.

Edited by TRO

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

On another slant Nick.....I have just scrutinised the output of a number of wingers in terms of goals......now, we all know, goals alone are not just the be all and end all of a winger and that assists, and creation, play a huge part in their overall game.

I have studied the output of Doku, Diaby, Gnonto, Bailey, and Barnes......and while Diaby comes out on top, studying their recent better leagues.....its not by much.

Now, I am not saying, I don't want Diaby, but if we do get him.....I hope we don't break the bank, because, I am not sure what to expect, in comparison to Bailey....in terms of THAT much better.

In the Bundesliga alone Bailey has scored 28 goals in 119 appearances.....and Diaby has scored 31 goals in 125 appearances......Now, as I say, this is not an all encompasing comparison, and they are wingers after all.....but so is/was Mane and Salah at Liverpool and they scored enough to be considered for judging on goal output.

I will reiterate, if UE and Monchie think its worth paying a record sum, fine......but I have my doubts, its such a massive upgrade on our own player......just a thought, thats all.

Diaby hasn't (yet) destroyed his hamstrings. And the market has moved on a huge amount since we signed Bailey. I feel like 50m is just the inflationary equivalent of what we signed Bailey for pretty much...and Diaby has nearly twice the number of assists as Bailey over the same time frame. 

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have no idea if Diaby is good enough, I don’t know enough about him.  My point was if we are willing to pay €55m for him then if BL didn’t budge on their price then it makes sense to me to pay €60m than walk away.  Yes there maybe better value out there and stats say what they say but Emery seems to want him over these other names so the extra money is ok with me if it comes to that.  As for comparison to Bailey, it seems Emery disagrees with you so we just have to hope he’s right and you’re wrong if the deal goes through.

• Like 1

Â