Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

How does it manage to look so washed out even when you're zoomed right in?

We've used the same lion shape previously with the detailing present on the badge, so to regress to something worse for no reason is a huge balls up.

2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Our worst ever badge.

Am I allowed say that?

I think you are actually understating it to be honest

Just now, Captain_Townsend said:

Erm. I think posting a pic on the official social media channel can be classed an actual reveal, no?

I imagine it will look better on the actual kit 

6 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Shoulda just stuck with this… which looks like a beauty in comparison 😂

spacer.png

New one looks so shit 🤦‍♂️

Don’t know why they didn’t just keep that lion. Drop shadow looks blegh.

If that’s actually it and how it’s gonna look… it is effing horrendous and ugly 🤦‍♂️

Bloody hell, wouldn’t have took much to make it decent or way better than that…

It’s a downgrade! CHEAP!

1 minute ago, Jareth said:

So the club are disgraceful? what the actual feck? get over yourselves, so spoilt, already. 

Hang on mate. We did a rebrand in 2022. Fans voted on it. Heck was hired and just sacked it off for a return to a style we wanted away from.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

It’s not the kit though is it? It’s just the logo and branding. 

It’s the badge though that will be everywhere and a symbol of our club.  It’s horrendous 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, punkymonkey666 said:

There have been plenty worse.

The 90s stripy one for a start.

The 90s one with Prepared under the scroll were better than this imho. This looks like the club base is pushing the lion's head up against the top of the shield!

• Like 1

Will reserve judgement until the kits are out. Whilst I’m happy to see our name back on the shield, the way the club went about the change without consultation is still a disgrace. 

• Like 2

Just now, Captain_Townsend said:

Hang on mate. We did a rebrand in 2022. Fans voted on it. Heck was hired and just sacked it off for a return to a style we wanted away from.

There is absolutely nothing in the rebrand - same colours, same club name, just an argument over frickin drop shadows and different tastes. It means nothing. 

9 minutes ago, Farlz said:

At the risk of being lynched by VillaTalk but I just don't mind it. Thought it was fine back when it was leaked and still do now 🤷‍♂️.

It’s certainly not the worst. But don’t know why they couldn’t just keep the detailed lion from before. The post also looks a little wonky with the adidas logo crammed in underneath it.

• Like 1

The problem with the previous badge was the lack of detailing on the lion, especially when not on the kit so the bright yellow just kind of blends into the blue. But the design is actually great, I'm going to miss it. It's the best badge we've had since the 80's imo. This new one is almost as bad as the 90's/2000's one with the striped background. Maybe worse. The round badge was bland but aesthetically sound at least. Quite funny how we've made such a mess of this.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Our worst ever badge.

Am I allowed say that?

No, you have to like it or you’re spoilt and need to get over yourself apparently.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Â