Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

12 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

I entirely get why they decided to ditch the Purslow rebrand, but yes, implicitly announcing (through obvious lies) that they would scrap it within the kit launch of this season's kits was such a bizarre decision.

Then you get the impression that this rebrand was a bit rushed: the issue with having zero fan input is that by the time this new badge was seen by fans and received pretty overwhelmingly negative feedback it was too late to change anything. The clear delay of the badge launch speaks for itself in showing how they've put themselves between a rock and a hard place.

It's a tough situation but it feels like they've rushed this rebrand and botched the initial essentials: which is both a massive shame and frustrating because the work they seem to be doing with Adidas and other agencies seems to be really, really promising.

I suspect that there wasn't enough time to do much more with the "rebrand" in terms of going through a full redesign process and involving / consulting fans on different options.  Reverting to effectively the "old" badge and incorporating elements that fans had already requested (full name, founding year, star) meant that the "only" adjustments were a better shield shape and (it appears) a better lion (assuming the detailed version will be our principal version and if the "drop shadow" is used it will only be to be provide some contract on smaller scale / lower resolution versions).  I do think that the detailed lion at a bigger scale will actually look pretty good and ties in quite well with the themes we're seeing with the Adidas launch, etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, allani said:

I suspect that there wasn't enough time to do much more with the "rebrand" in terms of going through a full redesign process and involving / consulting fans on different options.  Reverting to effectively the "old" badge and incorporating elements that fans had already requested (full name, founding year, star) meant that the "only" adjustments were a better shield shape and (it appears) a better lion (assuming the detailed version will be our principal version and if the "drop shadow" is used it will only be to be provide some contract on smaller scale / lower resolution versions).  I do think that the detailed lion at a bigger scale will actually look pretty good and ties in quite well with the themes we're seeing with the Adidas launch, etc.

I believe you’re correct. This stuff takes longer than people expect. More so when you’re introducing fan committees and other approvals. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

I honestly don’t understand any animosity toward the club over this issue at a time when we’ve just qualified for the champions league. 

So long as we've qualified for the CL then other issues don't matter? Where are you going to draw the line on this?

We could rename the stadium Betano Villa Park? Sell JJ for £30m? Increase ticket prices by 50%?

Of course the branding matters. Heck, it matters even more now that we've qualified for the CL and we'll be getting eyes on us for the first time from some quarters.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Jareth said:

I honestly don’t understand any animosity toward the club over this issue at a time when we’ve just qualified for the champions league. 

Well, it's been going on longer than that hasn't it? Qualifying for the champions league doesn't mean all is forgiven on the poor badge choices.

It's not the biggest issue obviously, the football itself is what's most important but I personally want us to look good at the same time. I get that a lot of fans don't really care.

I've thoroughly enjoyed this season, like all villa fans, but it still slightly irks me that while we've had our best season in decades, we've done it wearing the worst kit I can remember in my lifetime. The badge and the kit are important to me. It would have been nice to go in to the champions league looking the part. I think it can attract people to the team in a way. Just like great artwork on an album cover has led to me listening to the music and discovering new bands...

Just my view

Edited by Billson
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Billson said:

Well, it's been going on longer than that hasn't it? Qualifying for the champions league doesn't mean all is forgiven on the poor badge 

Yes it does. These guys have delivered us Emery, they’ve delivered UCL. Why on earth is anyone bitching about a rebrand? I’m in it for the football. That is all. 

13 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yes it does. These guys have delivered us Emery, they’ve delivered UCL. Why on earth is anyone bitching about a rebrand? I’m in it for the football. That is all. 

Have you been following this issue since they announced the rebrand in 2022, did a consultation, had a vote, announced the winning badge, then scrapped the new badge, then brought in a New badge bearing no resemblance to the one voted on?

I am a happy clapper on every issue but off the field. Off the field this season leaves a lot to be desired and speaks to the heritage and ethos of a 150 year old institution. It needs to improve - especiallynow with Champions League attention we need a clear identity. . 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Have you been following this issue since they announced the rebrand in 2022, did a consultation, had a vote, announced the winning badge, then scrapped the new badge, then brought in a New badge bearing no resemblance to the one voted on?

I am a happy clapper on every issue but off the field. Off the field this season leaves a lot to be desired and speaks to the heritage and ethos of a 150 year old institution. It needs to improve - especiallynow with Champions League attention we need a clear identity. . 

This is paradise syndrome

Posted (edited)

Villa Twitter Admin - Sneaky sneaky...

Also, captioning Prepared after a 5 nil defeat is pretty funny. 

Edited by Ghost
  • Haha 2

Just now, Farlz said:

At the risk of being lynched by VillaTalk but I just don't mind it. Thought it was fine back when it was leaked and still do now 🤷‍♂️.

Sure thing, Chris.

• Haha 2

Â