Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

As more time has passed, the badge with the textured lion has grown on me. That will just make it more disappointing when we get the first effort on the kits if that leak from Turkey is accurate.

Thing is, the yellow on light blue was hard to see at a distance or when reduced to a small size, but not because of the shape or design, but because of the colour scheme.

The detailed lion will be hard to see at a distance or when reduced to a small size, but not because of the colour scheme, but because of the amount of detail.

We are supposed to be having a simplified design that is easy to identify at a glance at a variety of sizes and distances. Neither of these variations of the new badge achieves that imo.

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, rjenkins said:

As more time has passed, the badge with the textured lion has grown on me. That will just make it more disappointing when we get the first effort on the kits if that leak from Turkey is accurate.

There is a 0.0000000000001 percent chance that kit leak from Turkey is accurate 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

There is a 0.0000000000001 percent chance that kit leak from Turkey is accurate 😂

That's still more of a chance than I'm comfortable with 😂

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Which would suggest that's it then as suggested on twitter/X.

If it’s with the black or claret detailing as opposed to the contrast gold/yellow  I think as brand evolution rather than a full revolution it fits the brief well. if they go for a deeper claret as with the Betano press announcement  I think it will really stand out. 

I get it’s polarising but it’s not as bad in my opinion as some make out but also not a masterpiece. Hopefully all will be forgotten when we go the Bernabeu next season and grab a famous win with Ramsey kissing the badge after scoring the winner. 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

I like the badge with the textured lion. 

It takes the biggest weakness of of the Heck badge and turns it into a strength. 

The lion looks fantastic and the textured design has a darker gold outline that improves the contrast problem significantly. 

It's not perfect but I think it's an upgrade instead of a downgrade. 

• Like 2

The textured lion looks ridiculous too, there's no sense in trying to convince yourself otherwise. The style doesn't look like anything that should be a component of a football club's badge.

• Like 1

It's not even a badge made from new design elements. The lion is from the 2016 'rebrand' that Xia cobbled together. I know as I have the brand guide sent to me by the club at the time. I really like the new lion on the badge. I actually prefer the lion used on the lamp base design. This is just lazy design throughout. It's not new, it's a rehash.

35 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

It's not even a badge made from new design elements. The lion is from the 2016 'rebrand' that Xia cobbled together. I know as I have the brand guide sent to me by the club at the time. I really like the new lion on the badge. I actually prefer the lion used on the lamp base design. This is just lazy design throughout. It's not new, it's a rehash.

I am guessing you mean that you like the lion on the 2023 new badge rather than the 2024 new badge?!

If so, I agree

Posted (edited)

I think what this whole thing indicates is that, whilst I'm sure Heck has financial and commercial acumen, he doesn't care at all what the fans want or think, despite having said many times that he does. 

Edited by HKP90
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm hoping we go just a lion (even if it s blobby lion)  on shirts as a 150th year thing, there's a big backlash when they release the 'heck' badge, loads of fans complain about lack of consultation to FA, and they start again properly....its embarrassing, but it needs to be done correctly - within the FA guidelines - the fan base needs to stand firm, and not just get seduced by a trefoil and three stripes and give Mr Heck his "we sold record shirts" so look how correct I am about everything....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

I am guessing you mean that you like the lion on the 2023 new badge rather than the 2024 new badge?!

If so, I agree

Yes the lion on the round badge and especially the detailed one on the lamppost shield design.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HKP90 said:

I think what this whole thing indicates is that, whilst I'm sure Heck has financial and commercial acumen, he doesn't care at all what the fans want or think, despite having said many times that he does. 

He probably cares a smidgeon more than when he was at 76ers, simply because supporters groups in the UK have more sway than in the US. Most American supporters groups, if they even exist for any particular team, are less formal and have little if any regular direct access to and consultation with executive staff. He's probably aware that his feet will be held to the fire at Villa in ways he's not experienced before. For the outward facing marketing expert, he's kept a rather low profile at Villa thus far, perhaps indicating a reluctance to stand in the breach and defend some of his more perplexing decisions.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Thing is, the yellow on light blue was hard to see at a distance or when reduced to a small size, but not because of the shape or design, but because of the colour scheme.

The detailed lion will be hard to see at a distance or when reduced to a small size, but not because of the colour scheme, but because of the amount of detail.

We are supposed to be having a simplified design that is easy to identify at a glance at a variety of sizes and distances. Neither of these variations of the new badge achieves that imo.

Yep. Basics.

And they **** it.

Not arsed at all about the hokey cokey, happy to see another badge discussion next season until we have one that isn't embarrassing.

Edited by Tomaszk

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

It's controversial, but I kind of like this. It's clean. Everything is in scale. Every element is clear and contrasts well. The lion achieves its detail through the less is more concept. It has our traditional motto, which is unique. You could replace it with 1874 if you wanted to. The big yellow star looks nice. Fully spelled out name. And the shape of the badge is inoffensive.

Aston Villa Wallpapers - Wallpaper Cave

Is that the appropriate scale for a lion and a star?

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

It's controversial, but I kind of like this. It's clean. Everything is in scale. Every element is clear and contrasts well. The lion achieves its detail through the less is more concept. It has our traditional motto, which is unique. You could replace it with 1874 if you wanted to. The big yellow star looks nice. Fully spelled out name. And the shape of the badge is inoffensive.

No GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 1

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

That’s absolutely ridiculous 😂

• Like 4

On 04/05/2024 at 02:37, Jas10 said:

Old news but… if it’s a choice between this (although I’d prefer darker detailing/contrast on the lion) and the plain yellow drop shadow shit…

then this will have to do

spacer.png

Don’t think we’re going to get anything like what we want… 

I was an ardent circular badge advocate and hated the Lerner lion….but, this is actually growing on me. It’s definitely got a 150 years old vibe, speaks to the clubs tradition, doesn’t look similar to another clubs badge and looks classy. I’ll settle for it. 

Â