Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Just boring watching you argue with the same people in here over and over again just because they don’t like the badge. 

what he meant was obvious. It’s boring

I don't like the badge either, so I am not arguing with the same people over and over. Two wrongs don't make a right, so championing an old shit badge over a new shit badge is just daft.

Finally, cut it out with the ad hominem nonsense.

41 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Would this new badge have been better received by you if we had transitioned straight from the Lerner badge to this one?

Depends how they did it

• casual change -  just a non-major announcement adjustment from the Lerner badge, just a slight refresh.  I probably wouldnt have taken much notice because it wasn’t a big deal, just going from shit to another form of shit.
  • Major rebranding - Heck announcing a big refresh, then my view would’ve been roughly the same just a slight different tilt on it.  More that we had a chance to get a proper badge and we’ve ended up with not much different.

So doing it sneakily would’ve just gone under the radar for me.  Unfortunately though the round badge came in between and while it had issues it was something close to what the majority (including me) wanted.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 4

On 02/10/2023 at 19:30, maqroll said:

This is a great badge and a perfect template for us to use. ASTON on top, VILLA on bottom, 18 and 74 on sides, and a shield with a highy detailed lion and the Prepared motto under it.

1200px-Hibernian_FC_logo.svg.png

I like the idea of having a link to Birmingham in the badge - not necessarily the word "Birmingham" but in a split shield design like this you could have the Lion where the castle is, a Bull/Bull's head representing Brum where the harp is and maybe something else where the ship is - perhaps a bear with a ragged staff to represent Warwickshire. Maybe a start where the ball is too.   Edit- just added a very rough example as my personal icon

Edited by El Segundo
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

The new lion looks much better tbh. Especially in monochrome. Gives us that 1860 Munich heritage vibe. 

It's not the new lion. It's the lion from the tweaked badge when the good Doctor came in. The details are from the print block carving. I have all the assets from that branding on file. I nearly got a designer job at the club in May 2017 and part of the process was a design/brand exercise so was sent the brand guide, all assets. Only lost out on the job as the person they chose had photography skillset.

Edited by stewiek2

2 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I quite like it. Therefore I no longer give much of a shit and can move on. 

I hate it, but I'm bored to tears, and I almost never buy any club tat anyway, so I'm with you

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

WTF is that silver lion? Good God.

I really cannot understand why out primary colours are not the primary colours of our badge and haven't been since 2007 

I suspect it is for a pretty specific scenario where the full colour version would be a bit jarring.  I think I'd want to see it in situ before casting judgement.  For example, I wasn't convinced at all by the grey monochrome version of the 2023 badge and (my oft-cited reservations aside 😉) it actually looks very good on the training gear.

3 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Just make it a claret lion and it is immediately 'Aston Villa'.

I'd definitely agree with that.  At full size the detailed yellow lion is nice - but at the smaller size it still does what the Lerner badge did and washes out.  A claret lion at that point would hold its definition better.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

WTF is that silver lion? Good God.

I really cannot understand why out primary colours are not the primary colours of our badge and haven't been since 2007 

Haven't you heard?! They're bringing the Sports Argus back and yellow on pink looks bad so figured the grey would darken in the shite paper stock better.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, nick76 said:

I’ve worked days on this and you don’t want to see it 🥲🥲🥲

IMG_1891.jpeg

Heard there was a new badge and came on to see. **** love it! Tattoo this on my dick!

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, wishywashy said:

It's annoying because the foundations for most of the badges we've had throughout these past 2 years are genuinely decent. The black and white renditions look great (not flawless, but a marked improvement over badges of recent years). The colour scheme is just really, really poor every time.

image.png.f4743ec6935ce6e6a6f56b89d7c157b6.png

I'm not wild about the shape of the shield (but it is different to any other PL shield so it ticks the unique button) but that monochrome look is really smart. 

If only there was a way of getting more claret into the main version or adjusting the tone of blue to contrast better with the yellow.  I feel like maybe the people working on it have been slightly too conservative and just needed a bit more bravery around fixing the colour issue.  I assume that they didn't want to make the background claret (heading into West Ham territory) - at a larger scale / on its own the yellow lion looks great but a claret lion contrasts better at smaller sizes.  If the blue was slightly bolder it might make all the difference - BUT I guess you need to be very careful that it doesn't become Scum blue.

• Like 1

Â