Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

38 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

I don't really get the new trademark: it doesn't solve any of the many issues going on with the first iteration, bar the comically poor drop shadow (which they didn't have to replace the lion to fix?). And now with the new lion, putting this badge digitally at a smaller size... judge for yourself. The contrast and colouring is horrific: the last one is somehow better on this regard, imo!

image.png.5f9af8e40bcaa3869f167dae03849b72.png

I hope that the trademark's to cover the physical, more detailed lion that'll probably be on the kits (and I don't get why they'd need to do that at all) as opposed to the actual design that'll also be digital, because.. eep.

It stands out to me.

The other badges look absolutely shite.

The villa one is Simple, clean, classic and more id say looks classier than of the others ones.

I dont buy the shirts, but if they werent football club badges and i had to choose one to wear as a logo on a shirt it would be the villa one.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

But mate, it’s just a badge. Perhaps it’s different because I have no particular dislike for it, or because I have other personal stuff going on, but I just don’t see the point of getting angry about it. It’s not going to change my feelings for the club, and I’m not going to stop watching on tv or going to games, so I just let it go. Try and be positive Nick, they might change it to one you like in 4 years time when they change it again?

Yeah I know you’re right, it’s just frustrating that’s it so poor.  Obviously I’ll have to live with whatever they decide and I’ll get over it…eventually 😉

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, villanmac said:

It stands out to me.

The other badges look absolutely shite.

The villa one is Simple, clean, classic and more id say looks classier than of the others ones.

I dont buy the shirts, but if they werent football club badges and i had to choose one to wear as a logo on a shirt it would be the villa one.

Yet if you asked anybody who doesn’t know football what the clubs primary colours are they’d probably say yellow/gold and blue.  We are claret and blue!

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Sounds like with the FA negotiations on going and being the cause of the reveal delay, I suspect it will be going to a vote.

I don’t think it will go to a vote. I think if they can evidence that they have been monitoring the social media responses to the leaked badge and they can satisfy that I they are mainly favourable, I think they will just go with it. I think it makes sense of the leaks. 

16 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Yeah I know you’re right, it’s just frustrating that’s it so poor.  Obviously I’ll have to live with whatever they decide and I’ll get over it…eventually 😉

Would this new badge have been better received by you if we had transitioned straight from the Lerner badge to this one?

34 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

But mate, it’s just a badge. Perhaps it’s different because I have no particular dislike for it, or because I have other personal stuff going on, but I just don’t see the point of getting angry about it. It’s not going to change my feelings for the club, and I’m not going to stop watching on tv or going to games, so I just let it go. Try and be positive Nick, they might change it to one you like in 4 years time when they change it again?

I think the level of “anger” can be misconstrued here on a forum and in the form of text… it’s often used as a kind of release and chance to vent too… but, most people are just critiquing or criticising what they see or is put before them…

nothing really wrong with “wanting better” too… I don’t think the badge is irrelevant or unimportant at all… it’s quite important tbh and is our identity… will be seen and displayed everywhere to represent our club, on all merchandise and clothing… in all media… it should be something we like and can be proud of… I don’t think that’s unreasonable at all… and, if it looks good, it just increases the appeal of the stuff that the club want to sell us and we want to buy…  an ugly badge will spoil or ruin the appearance of a nice shirt or otherwise attractive piece of merchandise…

The main reason for annoyance is that fans were invited to give their opinion and input (twice!), however limiting or restricted that was, so… for some, it’s like being misled or lied to because… those opinions, thoughts and votes have been disregarded…

Would not have been such “discontent” if people hadn’t have been asked in the first place… 

So why carry out that process in the first place and a second time? If everyone’s just going to be ignored and we “leave it to the professionals”?

Yeah, we’ll just have to get on with it and, like I said, many of us have been worn down by this and just want it resolved one way or another now. Others continue to feel more passionately which is fair…

as long as it’s better than what we had (the original AVFC badge)… we’ll move on in the main I suspect…

However, the rules that have been put in place require fan engagement and approval so… what fans think and want should be given some consideration at least… it kind of matters…

the delay is due to the rules not having been adhered to…

Edited by Jas10

26 minutes ago, jayEm said:

The claret detailing is a brilliant compromise. This is the only way to make the Heck badge look decent.

Genuinely, look what a difference it makes. Goes from looking washed out and weak to strong and classy.

20240202_130830.jpg

Yep, it’s the “optimum” version of that design… why hasn’t it been trademarked alongside the others?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

Yep, it’s the “optimum” version of that design… why hasn’t it been trademarked alongside the others?

I don't understand. I think anyone with an eye for visual design would realise it's superior. Maybe they literally haven't thought of it yet.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

OK, so you have your reasons for disliking me and misrepresenting me on here. That is your perogative I guess.

I clearly stated, and I am even quoting what you took issue with,  that ' I really cannot understand why out primary colours are not the primary colours of our badge and haven't been since 2007'.

The pre 2007 badge you posted clearly, like I mean it cannot even be argued that it doesn't, has a hell of a lot more claret than the Lerner badge. It has it on the vertical stripes and it has it at the top as the background to the name. As I said it pops better because there is contrast by having more claret.

•  

I have no reason to dislike you or misrepresent you on here? No idea what you're talking about.

You're the one engaging in misrepresentation and moving the goalposts, because my response to your post about primary colours was about the use of yellow in the previous badge. You stayed that our primary colours haven't been represented on the badge since pre-2007. I was offering a counterpoint which is that yellow - which is not a primary colour for Aston Villa Football Club - was far more predominant on the pre-2007 badge than it is now. 

You then said this is simply wrong. When any man woman or child quite frankly can glance at the badges and see that it is right.

The easiest fix has always seemed to be to just swap the claret and blue around… give the claret more prominence and let blue be the border or details that break things up… then you can stick with a classy gold lion… not yellow.

Oh well… nothing’s gonna change…

Just have to make the best of this and hope it turns out decent… and stays that way…

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

I have no reason to dislike you or misrepresent you on here? No idea what you're talking about.

You're the one engaging in misrepresentation and moving the goalposts, because my response to your post about primary colours was about the use of yellow in the previous badge. You stayed that our primary colours haven't been represented on the badge since pre-2007. I was offering a counterpoint which is that yellow - which is not a primary colour for Aston Villa Football Club - was far more predominant on the pre-2007 badge than it is now. 

You then said this is simply wrong. When any man woman or child quite frankly can glance at the badges and see that it is right.

**** me. He clearly meant there was more claret and blue than yellow on the pre Lerner badge. And he’s right. 

Let it go

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

It's annoying because the foundations for most of the badges we've had throughout these past 2 years are genuinely decent. The black and white renditions look great (not flawless, but a marked improvement over badges of recent years). The colour scheme is just really, really poor every time.

image.png.f4743ec6935ce6e6a6f56b89d7c157b6.png

1874 Villa here go. I don’t love the don’t tbh. But I’m glad it still will say our name, not bloody AVFC. 

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

**** me. He clearly meant there was more claret and blue than yellow on the pre Lerner badge. And he’s right. 

Let it go

Doesn't concern you, so no need to come barreling in Steven. What you're describing wasn't clear to me from his post at all. Yes he was talking about claret and blue, but it's a valid counterpoint to say there was also a predominance of yellow, which is not a primary colour of our club. 

Thanks Steven.

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Doesn't concern you, so no need to come barreling in Steven. What you're describing wasn't clear to me from his post at all. Yes he was talking about claret and blue, but it's a valid counterpoint to say there was also a predominance of yellow, which is not a primary colour of our club. 

Thanks Steven.

Just boring watching you argue with the same people in here over and over again just because they don’t like the badge. 

what he meant was obvious. It’s boring

• Like 1

Â