Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Can you be more specific? Do you mean the new round badge or Heck's leaked, new shield badge?

If the round badge Heck said it was only for the shirts when he joined the club.

If the leaked one, we still don't know if that is Heck's new badge or not.

Heck's leaked new shield badge, with the gold lion. My problem is understanding why it is not suitable to be used digitally or around the stadium? Naive,  but I would like to be able to understand it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

Nothing stops it. What you see on this forum is digital.

I'm sure I saw posters questioning what it would look like digitally and/or could it be used digitally? - posted some time ago, to be honest. However, it is a minor point that adds nothing to the forum - just my own curiosity.

18 minutes ago, VillaBrum said:

I'm sure I saw posters questioning what it would look like digitally and/or could it be used digitally? - posted some time ago, to be honest. However, it is a minor point that adds nothing to the forum - just my own curiosity.

Try scaling it down to the sort of size you might see in a league table graphic and see what happens to the detail. Obviously to do it properly you'd need a vector format but I guess you might get an idea whether or not the lion turns into a messy splodge or not.

I have no idea what it would look like, I haven't tried it, but it's definitely one of the reasons why simpler, flatter logos are preferred these days.

9 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Try scaling it down to the sort of size you might see in a league table graphic and see what happens to the detail. Obviously to do it properly you'd need a vector format but I guess you might get an idea whether or not the lion turns into a messy splodge or not.

I have no idea what it would look like, I haven't tried it, but it's definitely one of the reasons why simpler, flatter logos are preferred these days.

I think that I 'sort of understand' that! lol Thank you for the explanation.

Just now, VillaBrum said:

I think that I 'sort of understand' that! lol Thank you for the explanation.

Haha, yeah, in simple terms, what does it look like when it's small?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, VillaBrum said:

Well, I might be in the minority, but it still identifies as Aston Villa to me. Thanks for the example.

No worries - and I agree with you. I'm far more concerned with how it looks in larger formats than how it might appear when scaled down to the size of Joey Barton's manhood.

• Haha 2

I like this Balaban fella’s redesign but I don’t see how this can be a “leak” tbh. Why wouldn’t we trademark what we are going to have but instead some random mock up? I don’t buy this recycling an old lion stuff either. It really isn’t hard to register a trademark - why wouldn’t they register what the badge is going to be?

As someone mentioned as well, the lion is far too detailed. I’m not sure there’s a single badge you could find with that level of intricate detail, and for good reason (scaling, digital use and other reproduction). 
 I suspect this guy has successfully led everyone on. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, maqroll said:

Nope … IMO Aston Villa on the bottom of the badge just feels right and is like a coat of arms … like the name it stands out from the crowd and think it’s a bold and brave move. 

• Like 1

Apologies because everyone seems to like the new leak. I really want to like it. I might be able to convince myself in time, but if I'm completely honest about my initial impressions, with the new lion detail it kind of looks like a sign outside a pub to me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Apologies because everyone seems to like the new leak. I really want to like it. I might be able to convince myself in time, but if I'm completely honest about my initial impressions, with the new lion detail it kind of looks like a sign outside a pub to me.

That's a good sign to most!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Spoony said:

It really isn’t hard to register a trademark - why wouldn’t they register what the badge is going to be?

Possibly because it could get " leaked " before launch onto fan portals and websites causing premature meltdowns... Like now.

Having said that...you could be right.

Either way, I STILL want to see what the club present, in it's entirety.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

If this is correct it fixes the biggest issues with the badge for me. 

No more yellow on blue. 

No more drop shadow.

Added claret for a better colour balance. 

The lion retains its outline for smaller applications. 

Yellow and claret lion digital application looks spectacular. Gold lion physical application looks spectacular. 

I'd convinced myself that we were going to have a shit badge. If we end up with this it'll be the best badge we've had in 30 years, arguably ever. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

If we end up with this it'll be the best badge we've had in 30 years, arguably ever. 

giphy.gif

Edited by nick76
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Â