Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

10 hours ago, Jas10 said:

anyway… he was making the point that we can’t deviate too much from the Lerner badge that we’ve had for so long and that has been recognisable and identified with the club for a long while… that there’s a certain remit to meet… in terms of “global” recognition and appeal…

I was saying this from the start!

I've also kind of gone off the badge now. I just wish we'd gone for the gaslamp one. It was there under our noses. We didn't know how good we had it.

Edited by Rolta

I do think adding detail and some contrasting or dark colouring in the lion makes a major difference… and, imo, it’s a better lion than the one in the round badge. I don’t think that it was ever  the problem (and it has been part of our identity for a long while now, it is mostly recognisable and associated with the club), it was the colours and lack of contrast, and adding detail to it just improves it.

They have to get the colour/shade right too but… it shouldn’t be a blurry blob anymore if… they do something like that…

It’s kind of like making the best of a bad situation now really… realising we won’t be getting anything that matches our original expectations and the impression we were given or road we were led down by the club…

The surveys or “pretend consultation” have proven to be a bit of a farce or “box ticking”…

I think most of us are tired of all this now… but have we been worn down by the club and their practices? All seemed pointless really…

As long as it’s not too bad (or actually pretty good) I think most of us it will just accept it and try to move forwards by now…

Edited by Jas10

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Don’t ask for much do ya? 😆

Restricted on phone, but… is this better?

spacer.png

To my totally unartistic eye this looks good. Rose gold is only 18k so not so expensive 😉

Just now, Jas10 said:

I do think adding detail and some contrasting or dark colouring in the lion makes a major difference… they have to get the colour/shade right too but… it shouldn’t be a blurry blob anymore if… they do something like that…

It’s kind of like making the best of a bad situation now really… realising we won’t be getting anything that matches our original expectations and the impression we were given or road we were led down by the club…

The surveys or “pretend consultation” have proven to be a bit of a farce or “box ticking”…

I think most of us are tired of all this now… but have we been worn down by the club and their practices? All seemed pointless really…

As long as it’s not too bad (or actually pretty good) I think most of us it will just accept it and try to move forwards by now…

Nope just like the Lerner badge there will be bitching and moaning about it for the next 15 years.  

We still only have the first leaked badge to go on so far.  

We don’t know what the detailed one is.

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Nope just like the Lerner badge there will be bitching and moaning about it for the next 15 years.  

I know you’re not happy mate… the club have messed us around on this and misled the fans, communication has been poor or even nonexistent, a real lack of honesty and transparency…

What’s made it all worse is asking for our opinion (no matter how restricted that may have been), coming out with the round badge, cancelling all that, repeating the same sort of process all again as a “show” (box ticking imo) and disregarding everything that came from it all to just go ahead and do as they wish…

I just hope we end up with something half decent and can finally move on from this fiasco and farce… it’s been dragging on and is draining…

If it’s bad, the complaints and voices of dissent will only grow…

The FAB complaint to FA and process is underway and ongoing… so, for those who can’t accept this, there is some hope for some sort of change…

It would be nice for the majority to be satisfied and for everyone to be able to finally move on from this though…

But, it isn’t the only or even priority issue/problem away from the pitch…

Disappointing that while we are having success and making such progress on the actual football side… that everything away from it is not matching up… we shouldn’t really be having any disruption, discontent or flaws/problems but… I just hope we’re at least in the process of improving and addressing all those things…

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

To my totally unartistic eye this looks good. Rose gold is only 18k so not so expensive 😉

I don’t have the facility/ability but who knows… it could even look like gold or close to it and not even have a resemblance to yellow… 🤷‍♂️

Or we’ll just end up with that shitty trademarked one 😂 😭 

13 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Just to add… if we continue in this way and trajectory under Unai… I think the badge won’t be such an issue or subject, as long as it’s at least decent… not to that extent anyway.

Everything basically went to shit under Lerner… such a decline and period of misery… so, we were also more likely to have more complaints about more things.

It will be good to get some sort of change because the badges that came out under his tenure… really represent a shitty time for Villa fans for the most part…

If we continue to play wonderful football and have some real success, we won’t be as bothered about other things that won’t matter as much…

But still, I want something good and we should get something good… not trying to make excuses…

Edited by Jas10

26 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Don’t ask for much do ya? 😆

Restricted on phone, but… is this better?

spacer.png

I think the layout is a bit different on this one to the leaked one. This looks fine and better. I do tend to agree now that the positioning of the lion isn't great in the leaked one (it was too high and close to the top, which could have been avoided with the removal of the 1874 and lowering of the lion).

Tbh, this version looks pretty great. I like it

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We’re probably not gonna even get anything like this 😂

Hopefully we won’t have to wait much longer for a full and proper reveal…

Then we can rip into it 😂

It being like that honestly seems the only acceptable variant for that colour scheme.

If it's not... The we riot 😂

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It being like that honestly seems the only acceptable variant for that colour scheme.

Final attempt 😆

spacer.png

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I do think the black helps quite a lot… dunno if an alternative darker colour would help to the same degree to provide that detail and contrast in the lion…

I’m worried they’re still gonna come out with this crap, but the difference is stark and worth thinking about…

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

I still think I'd prefer it without the star and 1874, mind.

AVFC Badge.jpg

I think the lion needs a bit more space around it. Just a little bit. But yeah that's nice.

4 minutes ago, JPAngel said:

I still think I'd prefer it without the star and 1874, mind.

AVFC Badge.jpg

Yeah and I’d prefer Aston Villa at the top but… we kind of know we won’t getting any of that now…

• Sad 1

Haven’t we already trademarked the detailed lion  in the past so perhaps the badge lodged recently is for the shape and colours alone and it isn’t a final version that will be used… 

Â