Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

27 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Id love it if we became the first club to be able to use the word Royal before our name. 

19 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Royal Antwerp?

Could do the first team to use a Jamaican swear word in that case. " Raaasston Villa "

• Haha 2

Apologies if this has been asked before but I'm not trawling back through several pages. Where has that gold lion badge come from? Is it not just a fan knock up?

11 minutes ago, Risso said:

Apologies if this has been asked before but I'm not trawling back through several pages. Where has that gold lion badge come from? Is it not just a fan knock up?

From here. Either a leak or a very convincing fake.

• Like 1

If that’s really how it’s gonna look, messed with and rotated the image, then… I can’t really complain and it would be visually appealing and distinctive…

but… we just have no idea what the media or digital version is going to look…

Surely it won’t be identical to the trademarked or leaked badge… I mean, we didn’t expect this gold version at all…

fair to say it’s taken everyone by surprise…

there has to be something different about the usual version too… at least a shade other than basic yellow and surely no stupid drop shadow…

spacer.png

• Like 4

I read a few of that Bosko guy’s tweets, the guy who leaked/revealed the gold lion badge (after everything he said, I can’t imagine he wouldn’t reveal the real thing because he would look really stupid and questionable rn if that isn’t it)…

apparently, he’s a graphic designer with over 20 years experience working for “blue chip” companies… and “doesn’t have time to make free designs”… criticised concepts but not created one of his own…

anyway… he was making the point that we can’t deviate too much from the Lerner badge that we’ve had for so long and that has been recognisable and identified with the club for a long while… that there’s a certain remit to meet… in terms of “global” recognition and appeal…

Begs the question though, why did we go ahead with the round badge (and then cancel it)? And why bother with surveys, if the results were to be ignored?

Dunno what to think really, it’s all so draining…

Some of us would just accept something half decent by now sadly… our hopes of something exceptional or of it meeting our wants (predominant claret and blue colour scheme, no yellow or even gold on blue, different shield or round design) seem to be unrealistic and unattainable… for some reason…

If the club could have communicated this and tried to be a bit honest or transparent… there may have been a lot less complaining and discontent…

Can’t blame the fans for the club messing up, continually…

7 hours ago, Spoony said:

If that gold lion is on the kit and looks as sexy as those photos suggest, then I’m very happy to accept the badge and move on for life. 

Sure, but we'll still be stuck with the drop shadow version on the stadium, social media, and everywhere else.

7 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Obviously need to see it properly, on the shirt etc, but if that's the badge with the golden detailed lion then it's the best I've seen. A lot of the ones in this thread, especially the latter ones, have been very good as well, but this one is amazing! 

Agreed, it feels like a cut above actual football club badges. Maybe only with a top kit supplier are we capable of having such detail on the shirt. 

I'm worried though this isn't the crest. Pictures look very good so feels like a legit leak

• Like 1

6 hours ago, His Name Is Death said:

Sure, but we'll still be stuck with the drop shadow version on the stadium, social media, and everywhere else.

It comes down to this. 

If the digital/print version of the badge has the lion tweaked in such a way that it resembles this leak we’ve seen, then I think most fans will  be satisfied. I still don’t think it’s a good badge, but it’s enough of an improvement that it makes it not a total embarrassment 

But if this leaked version is, as I suspect, just the version that’s on the shirts and we’re left with the trademark version everywhere else then it’s still a massive **** up

• Like 2

8 hours ago, His Name Is Death said:

Yeah. But at this stage I’m beyond caring. I’m badge fatigued. Maybe that was the plan 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

If this is how the badge ends up then I'm happy. It'll be instantly recognisable, the detailing on the lion provides contrast against the light blue background, and it features our full name.

Add to this the fact a golden lion on the kit (as seen on socials) could look utterly sensational and we're in a pretty good place. A far cry from where we as a fanbase were last week.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Gawd, I hope they do something about the N hanging over the centre the way it is (if all these leaks/guesswork prove correct). My eye is constantly drawn to it.

I’m assuming it’s because “Aston” is a wider word than “Villa” with the “I” being narrow. It’s bugging me that it looks off centre.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Gawd, I hope they do something about the N hanging over the centre the way it is (if all these leaks/guesswork prove correct). My eye is constantly drawn to it.

I’m assuming it’s because “Aston” is a wider word than “Villa” with the “I” being narrow. It’s bugging me that it looks off centre.

They can't do anything about it really, it's just the awkwardness of our name, as you say, Aston is wider than Villa in terms of tracking/kerning/whatever-the-word-is.

If you look at both of the A's you can see they both come to the same point on the shield, the name is centred. It's why AV or AVFC is simply better from a design point of view, it looks more naturally centred.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, MessiWillSignForVilla said:

They can't do anything about it really, it's just the awkwardness of our name, as you say, Aston is wider than Villa in terms of tracking/kerning/whatever-the-word-is.

If you look at both of the A's you can see they both come to the same point on the shield, the name is centred. It's why AV or AVFC is simply better from a design point of view, it looks more naturally centred.

Yeah I get the name itself is centralised.

IF the name was at the top, I don’t think I would notice the problem as much.

Situated at the bottom, my eye is lining up the bottom tip bit of the badge with the name (or rather the gap) and it exaggerates the problem. At the top of the badge, the centre isn’t as clearly defined so I don’t think it would be as obvious.

And the 1874 not lining up with it either adds to problem.

Â