Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

15 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Drop shadow :crylaugh:

I hadn't even noticed. Why isn't that on the monochrome ones? That's not very consistent.

It is so so bad.

Man, if Emery starts struggling on the pitch, I don't think Heck is prepared at all for the shitstorm he's getting.

The moment things turn sour you won't see Heck for dust. He's here to add to his CV, the second that he can't claim 'great success' here he'll be gone.

The thing he'll be most happy about with this is the cost, which ties back in to the thing he is most fundamentally interested in - getting costs down and revenue up.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I’ll live with the chance that at a glance on its own someone MIGHT confuse it with another clubs badge. I mean nevermind we voted for it and nevermind it’s always going to be with claret and blue colours.

better change all the clubs names from city, town, Utd etc too bad for the brand 🙄

No it won't, shape of the crest is part of the club's brand. Having Claret and Blue is fine as long as we have a different shaped crest to other teams. 

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

They could legit just put a blue background on this and it's fine imo.

With some external gold piping on the inner border?

That's what is frustrating about the full colour one, it's such an easy fix.

AGAIN, I'm going to wait and see what they role out.

There must be a method to the " madness "🙏🏽

20240104_023832.jpg

image.png.4dc190355f6ae5e2ec64cfdd622f4283.png

43 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Someone did point out the other day that the demographic of this website and also the fans groups is mostly middle aged-ish men. I’d be intrigued to know what the 25 and under Villa demographic thinks. 

This is true. The Aston Villa subreddit probably skews a bit lower than VillaTalk. They have a poll currently which is 64% against, 13% for, and 23% unsure.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

They could legit just put a blue background on this and it's fine imo.

With some external gold piping on the inner border?

That's what is frustrating about the full colour one, it's such an easy fix.

AGAIN, I'm going to wait and see what they role out.

There must be a method to the " madness "🙏🏽

20240104_023832.jpg

Yep…

not difficult is it and so much more effective?

spacer.png

spacer.png

but I’d still prefer Aston Villa at the top rather than it be “relegated” to the bottom… 

I’d prefer something more akin to this and the colour scheme:

image.thumb.jpeg.4d3a9633eacd6f4d0aa335744034fa1f.jpeg

The biggest source of frustration/annoyance/disappointment is the lack of change and imagination, zero creativity.

It is just, literally, a minor alteration to the 2nd Lerner badge which is more than underwhelming… especially after all the fuss and noise over recent years… seems like a completely unnecessary shortcut that doesn’t make any sense… almost like it’s some sort of cost cutting exercise but it isn’t that either is it?

The worst thing is keeping the blue and yellow colour scheme… it’s disastrous and disappointing…

Again, it all seems pointless so we may aswell just keep the AVFC badge then and sod changing anything and wasting more time n money on this crap…

It was only worth it to bring about something fresh, new and different that would have a lot more appeal to it - this actually has less!

An utter waste.

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jayEm said:

The response to this on social media and here is incredibly negative.

Pete from the Holy Trinity Show thinks it is complete trash, to the extent that he literally doesn't believe it's real. He's not a superstar but he's fairly big these days. (I saw someone watching his United video in Spoons in Sutton last week!)

I know online audience isn't necessarily representative, but I'd be amazed if Heck and Co. don't notice all this. Who knows if they reconsider, but I think the badge being rubbish will absolutely become a talking point now.

It’s just not acceptable or anything approaching “satisfactory”…

I’m still hoping it’s not this or nothing like it - again, may aswell stick with the AVFC badge over this and not bother at all.

Or come up with something a lot better… and actually different. At least ditch the blue and yellow.

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

It’s just not acceptable or anything approaching “satisfactory”…

I’m still hoping it’s not this or nothing like it - again, may aswell stick with the AVFC badge over this and not bother at all.

Or come up with something a lot better… and actually different. At least ditch the blue and yellow.

How many years of consultation? 

Nah, **** it off and use the old badge everyone hated and add a drop shadow. 

If this is true, he actually thinks we have c*** written across our foreheads. It's a f***ing scam. 

It must be wrong. It must be. It has to be, right?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, MotoMkali said:

No it won't, shape of the crest is part of the club's brand. Having Claret and Blue is fine as long as we have a different shaped crest to other teams. 

We like the round crest…… we voted for it, our most famous team played with it on their chest.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, paul514 said:

We like the round crest…… we voted for it, our most famous team played with it on their chest.

Yes and it's bad for both branding because it looks a dime a dozen and it's focusing on the past instead of looking to the future. The other badge was better and even that was fairly plain. The ones created by fans all look significantly better than our current badge, this new badge or the Lerner badger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

And apparently President Business is one of the best Execs in the sporting world at branding…..

If this is how he performs in his strongest suit he should be fired on the spot as this (and the AV 150 mark) is clearly substandard crap that would be beneath a non league team let alone a storied club like Villa trying to expand it’s global reach in its 150th centenary year with champions league qualification within touching distance.

It’s Particularly substandard because this was not a fight he needed to pick. The Crest wasn’t a burning platform. He just didn’t like Purslow’s attempt and thought he could do better which is why when this abysmal effort is formally released we will have t-h-r-e-e crests in operation at the same time. It’s a complete and utter self inflicted shambles.

If I was either Nas or Wes I’d be deeply, deeply disappointed and troubled.

Edited by DakotaVilla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

And apparently President Business is one of the best Execs in the sporting world at branding…..

If this is how he performs in his strongest suit he should be fired on the spot as this (and the AV 150 mark) is clearly substandard crap that would be beneath a non league team let alone a storied club like Villa trying to expand it’s global reach in its 150th centenary year with champions league qualification within touching distance.

It’s Particularly substandard because this was not a fight he needed to pick. The Crest wasn’t a burning platform. He just didn’t like Purslow’s attempt and thought he could do better which is why when this abysmal effort is formally released we will have t-h-r-e-e crests in operation at the same time. It’s a complete and utter self inflicted shambles.

If I was either Nas or Wes I’d be deeply, deeply disappointed and troubled.

Agree with every word.

Taxi for Heck. Enough.

In years to come we will look back at the season we had three Club crests.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Captain_Townsend said:

Agree with every word.

Taxi for Heck. Enough.

In years to come we will look back at the season we had three Club crests.

It's going to make the anniversary shirts they bring out every few years to celebrate winning the league look very odd 

6 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

NSWE were like a generous sugar daddy giving us nice things and building a legacy and then Heck shows up doing his best Doug Ellis/Randy Lerner impression. It sucks (to use an Americanism).

NSWE don’t get a free pass on this. Heck is their man. They’ve achieved great things on the football side of things. On the non football side they’re **** everything up. Unless the thing you love the most about Villa is revenue. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

Did an incredible rebranding exercise at some American sports team, so utterly groundbreaking that half of the posters on here have no idea who the team are or which sport they play

7 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

What really baffles me is that Heck posted this as "#OnBrand" and so far:

• The claret doesn't match
  • The gold doesn't match
  • The blue doesn't match
  • The font doesn't match (Thank God)
  • The colour % mix doesn't match
  • The order of the colours doesn't match (Blue border, Claret background, that actually will have solved the biggest issue of the Lerner badge)

What exactly about this is On Brand? 

If this is the Master Brand?

This is my only glimmer of hope that this is not the final badge. Why would it be so different to the Av150 mark, including the basic colours?

Why can we never be consistent with our own colours and brand? How hard is it to have a standard Aston Villa Claret and Aston Villa Blue colour code? Would seem to be the most very basic part of brand management.

Â