Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

I think we should do a traditional design for next season, in celebration of 150 years and then do a new, more modern one for the following season. Gives the traditionalists something this season and if we launch the newer look badge early enough, enough time for them to get used to it before we adopt it 25/26

Best of both worlds

2 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Solitary lion would look good on a shirt and standout amongst the other badges…

spacer.png

It doesn’t need to be too busy or overly detailed, it will just become more obscured that way.

If the club are insistent on a shield design, then a thin blue line/shape around it would suffice. More text and detail would only obscure and minimise the lion unless it is minimal and small.

Be bold and distinguishable.

The gold looks really good

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

spacer.png

This would be better if the gold was yellow.

Whose badge is that? Middlesbrough, Rangers or the Dutch kit or even Scotland…almost exactly the same a Dutch badge a year or two ago. I’m joking obviously but the lion is not distinctive enough to be synonymous with just Villa to be on its own.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

The gold looks really good

Yep, adds a bit of class doesn’t it? Yellow is boring, the right shade of gold looks good and enhances the whole thing.
Could even use silver on an away or third kit.

What we must get rid of is that light blue background behind the lion… that has always been the greatest issue. It obscures the lion and makes it look like a yellow blob from a distance… claret background instead please.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, burchy said:

I think we should do a traditional design for next season, in celebration of 150 years and then do a new, more modern one for the following season. Gives the traditionalists something this season and if we launch the newer look badge early enough, enough time for them to get used to it before we adopt it 25/26

Best of both worlds

I think we need stop faffing, create one design and stick with it for the foreseeable future… at least the next 20 years or so… that should be the plan.

We have too many badges… it’s time to stick with one and pin that design down.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Whose badge is that? Middlesbrough, Rangers or the Dutch kit or even Scotland…almost exactly the same a Dutch badge a year or two ago. I’m joking obviously but the lion is not distinctive enough to be synonymous with just Villa to be on its own.

Yeah, I'd only want a stand alone lion on the change shirt. 

I like this Adidas mock up but with a proper badge that says Aston Villa F.C., yellow not gold trim, collar, better sponsor and the original Adidas trefoil logo.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

The one thing that shirt mockup has convinced me of is that I never want us to have an Adidas kit, they can shove their shitty stripes up their arse, they look awful

Precisely. People can plain about logos eating up kit space but nobody eats up more shirt space than Adidas and they've done it for decades.

(that being said I appreciate they move a ton of product which is good for one of our owners so customers, keep being customers)

• Thanks 1

On 21/10/2023 at 08:21, Follyfoot said:

I am designing a stone island inspired kit and badge 

My lad has just started high school and I’ve passed him down one of my stony jackets that doesn’t fit me now ,and it’s fair to say everyone thinks he’s a bit of a geezer at school 😆

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 20/10/2023 at 17:43, nick76 said:

That's why I think it facing the other way works it's a little more unique

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My lad has just started high school and I’ve passed him down one of my stony jackets that doesn’t fit me now ,and it’s fair to say everyone thinks he’s a bit of a geezer at school 😆

If my dad had given me one of his coats for school I would have either looked like an undertaker or Columbo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 0Lamptey said:

Ticks a lot of boxes 😂

• Wrong colour scheme ✅
  • Far too much blue ✅
  • Unnecessary star ✅
  • Crap font ✅
  • Too busy ✅
  • Shaped like Lerner's tattoo ✅
  • Lion facing the wrong way now ✅
  • Lines are wonky like they've been painted ✅
  • "Gold" closer to the colour of baby's shit than yellow ✅

Nailed it 😋

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'll open by saying I did want the round badge.

However now we are months into the season and having reflected on it looking at a few interviews lately where it's on display, I really think it looks fantastic.  I really do.

I think a shield badge would just look really old fashioned and back to the humdrum.  

Which way the lion faces really isn't a big deal to me but seems a deal breaker for many so I'd be happy with the current badge turned around, though it sounds like that's a non starter by the sound of it.

• Like 1

Â