Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

46 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I don't even remember a question about a shield or round? 

I'm guessing they are referring to the results from the previous survey? I think they said they were aggregating the results from this one and the last?

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is what you get, when only season ticket holders are able to vote.

Season ticket holders, members and anyone on the waiting list - so pretty much anyone who has been to Villa Park in the last couple of years.

I get what you're saying in terms of how that affects the demographic, but beyond that they're looking at having to open it up to the general public, and then you get badgy mcbadgeface.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I don't even remember a question about a shield or round? 

The survey that got us the round badge is what I was referring to.  Think it was around 67% wanted the round badge over the gas lamp or whatever else it was.

We had chose but Heck don't agree so now its a sheild 😞

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Season ticket holders, members and anyone on the waiting list - so pretty much anyone who has been to Villa Park in the last couple of years.

I get what you're saying in terms of how that affects the demographic, but beyond that they're looking at having to open it up to the general public, and then you get badgy mcbadgeface.

Aston Villa written in Urdu

1874 in Arabic

A Ghanaian Lion, turned upside down

A Canadian Maple leaf for the " star "etc

With the diversity of the fanbase 😂

Oh... and a spliff for the Lion... just to be generic and stereotype me and the other handful of Jamaican fans haha

* On a serious note though, i get your point. Hopefully the designers will take ALL things into consideration and fit as much criteria as possible whilst executing a great design.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, nick76 said:

85% disagree with you

🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳

Can’t get more of one sided favourable in a survey like this than 85%.  Glad they will likely keep it imo.

It was not a thing on our badges before 2008 and now it's almost blasphemy to think it makes it harder to design a badge and is perhaps not needed. Not every team who won the European Cup feel the need to add stars to their badges for it.

I'm all for respecting and remembering history, that's great but surely not everything needs to hark back to 82.

Round badge. 

Star.

Maybe try something new for once and who knows we may be pleasantly surprised, rather than always looking back 40 years for an answer.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I'm all for respecting and remembering history, that's great but surely not everything needs to hark back to 82.

Everything? What else outside the badge talks about ‘82 to the non-Villa world…the badge is really the only consistent thing that flaunts that famous win.  Other than that the fans have one chant about it…hardly OTT.

9 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Round badge. 

Star.

Wow, two things!

9 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Maybe try something new for once and who knows we may be pleasantly surprised

Or it can be a complete disaster…when we have something that fans voted for.

11 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

rather than always looking back 40 years for an answer

Again…always, we only do it for the badge.  The chant is one of many chants.

3 minutes ago, villan95 said:

So sounds like it's going to be a shield with Aston Villa/Aston Villa FC, 1874 and a star with the lion facing to the left, all done in claret and blue.

I just hope it's not too busy.

I spoke to the shield and he said he can fit us in his schedule…😉😂

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Everything? What else outside the badge talks about ‘82 to the non-Villa world…the badge is really the only consistent thing that flaunts that famous win.  Other than that the fans have one chant about it…hardly OTT.

Wow, two things!

Or it can be a complete disaster…when we have something that fans voted for.

Again…always, we only do it for the badge.  The chant is one of many chants.

Bro theirs a reason why opposition fans (and not just local teams) mention that's all we ever bang on about. I disagree, and its referenced very regularly.

Maybe it's time to push and make some new positive history. After all 40 years is a damn long time.

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Bro theirs a reason why opposition fans (and not just local teams) mention that's all we ever bang on about. I disagree, and its referenced very regularly.

Maybe it's time to push and make some new positive history. After all 40 years is a damn long time.

So when we make that new positive history then we can crow about it then.

I favour just a stand alone LION.... with a star...nothing more, nothing less.

No shield or round badge, no additional words ....when you start adding things, thats when the division comes in.......Everyone knows what the Wolves wolf head is....no more needs to be stated.

A distinctive Lion to our liking......says all you need to know, its Aston Villa.....want to know more, look it up.

The history is far reaching and its impossible to reference it all.....We just need a Branded Lion to say it all....Thats how modern Marketing works....check out all the major Brands....and we need a Global Motif to be readily recognised, without spelling it out.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:
4 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

30% didnt mond what direction the lion faced?? Are you for real **** getting back to facing the right way ffs

Depends if you mean the right way or the right way…

It was the right way 150 years ago! ;) 

• Like 1

Honestly the current star is extremely unobtrusive and I would wager most opposition fans have no idea it is even on our badge (bitter local rivals apart). Compared to the stars on Nottingham Forest’s badge it is restrained in the extreme! As long as it remains fairly unobtrusive in the new badge then I am happy to keep it. It’s part of our modern history and it’s fine to remember and celebrate that. A reminder that we reached the pinnacle and we want to get back there.

• Like 2

Everyone seems to crave something different to anyone else, something totally unique. 

So I suggest the head of a lion on the body of a platypus on an irregular quadrilateral. 

This will be instantly recognisable👍

Â