UEFA 2023 U21 European Championship

useless

24 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Not convinced

It serves a purpose if you're facing wave after wave of attack and you want to slow the game down and break up momentum, that wasn't what was happening tonight, Spain never had that much play that we needed to do it and on top of that Spain weren't so much better than England that the real answer on how to break up their play is by playing a bit of your own football, if you want one of your players to get their foot on the ball and take pressure off then let it be one of your PL starting CMs do it not your keeper

Spend the summer reviewing Cup Final victories in domestic tournaments since 1996. Including Euro 96 for adult men.

6 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Rational comment. Compare total BBC coverage of this victory with the other one.  Also, revisit in a few years, when the BBC pays to show no elite football.

It’s on channel 4.

Which other one? 

I’m still completely confused at what point you’re trying to make.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sne said:

Cole Palmer is a bit of a tit isn't he.

And on comes they guy with the perm :crylaugh:

Thought that after he scored and celebrated by staring down someone after an awful free kick viciously deflected  into the opposite corner. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s on channel 4.

Which other one? 

I’m still completely confused at what point you’re trying to make.

I think he’s unimpressed with the BBC showing showcasing the women’s euros and thinks only men’s is ‘proper football’.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, markc said:

I think it was poor that the tournament wasn't picked up by the BBC or one of the other terrestrial channels. Can't understand why sky or BT didn't cover it, considering some of the rubbish they show.

So while I think it's justified to moan/be disappointed about u21s not being on the TV, there's no need to bring the women's game into the argument. Show both.

And here is the only rational answer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I watched the last 3 games, Italy, Portugal and Spain. Gordon was no where near the best player in any of those games, JJ, Colwill (who also held up JJ shirt in the celebrations) and Gibbs White were miles ahead of Gordon. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I watched the last 3 games, Italy, Portugal and Spain. Gordon was no where near the best player in any of those games, JJ, Colwill (who also held up JJ shirt in the celebrations) and Gibbs White were miles ahead of Gordon. 

Colwill is some player. If he stays at Chelsea I hope they don’t ruin him. Nailed on England centre back on the left side. 

4 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Colwill is some player. If he stays at Chelsea I hope they don’t ruin him. Nailed on England centre back on the left side. 

Isnt that the fabled Maguire role 😝

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I wonder how much the Saudi's had to pay for Gordon to be named Player of the Tournament. 

I think that's a daft idea

But I'd be lying if I said that same idea didn't cross my mind last night...

He's wasnt, don't even think he would consider himself to have had a good tournament, he was played out of position and was average at best

• Like 2

Thing is, this is what will happen now that they've come wading in, waving the money about. I think corruption in football is rife, especially at the elite level (as seen with FIFA giving Qatar the WC). 

Gordon winning that award is a ridiculous decision but brings more exposure to a player who is part of the Newcastle Saudi led project, so I'd not be surprised at all if a few large, brown envelopes & fancy watches have swapped hands.

• Like 1

Â