UEFA 2023 U21 European Championship

useless

How the hell did Gordon win player of the tournament lol, just jokes really. 

I'd of given it to Colwill or the GK Trafford considering they didn't concede once and England were hardly fluent in attack. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I wonder how much the Saudi's had to pay for Gordon to be named Player of the Tournament. 

I’m not sure it’s that, not that I would’ve given it him, but he scored some vital goals getting England to the final, the people who give out awards love stats like that.

Edited by mikeyp102

Philogene was apparently on standby for this, shame he couldn't get in, any other time he probably would have, England just have so many tens/winger types at the moment; he could still potentially play at the next tournament if the qualifiers start before he turns 22, but will be a lot of competition with likes of Samuel Iling-Junior, Jamie Bynoe-Gittens, Samuel Edozie, Aaron Ramsey, Chukwuemeka and so on stepping up from the U20s next season.

9 minutes ago, useless said:

Philogene was apparently on standby for this, shame he couldn't get in, any other time he probably would have, England just have so many tens/winger types at the moment; he could still potentially play at the next tournament if the qualifiers start before he turns 22, but will be a lot of competition with likes of Samuel Iling-Junior, Jamie Bynoe-Gittens, Samuel Edozie, Aaron Ramsey, Chukwuemeka and so on stepping up from the U20s next season.

Did you watch any of the u20s?

I saw they lost and I'm guessing the squad was decimated with injuries and late joiners

No I didn't bother watching with no Villa players involved.  WIthout Iroegbunam, Iling Jr, Bynoe-Gittens, and Aaron Ramsey they were missing four of their best players, and players like Edwards and Chukwueneka going there late probably affected things too, I don't think Chukwuemeka was even available until last game.

• Like 1

Just looked it up and looks like the qualifers for the next Euros start this September, so in theory Philogene could be involved in the next tournament. I presumed that Archer might have played his last game for the U21s, as I thought that the qualifers would be after he turns 22, but they start beforehand, so if selected for those qualifers he could also play at the next Euros, and given the strikers coming up from the 20s are the likes of Scarlett, Delap, and Jebbison, they might just keep him around.

13 minutes ago, useless said:

No I didn't bother watching with no Villa players involved.  WIthout Iroegbunam, Iling Jr, Bynoe-Gittens, and Aaron Ramsey they were missing four of their best players, and players like Edwards and Chukwueneka going there late probably affected things too, I don't think Chukwuemeka was even available until last game.

England are really stacked at all levels, Marcus Edwards could've easily been in England under 21s squad given he's been playing at a very good level in Portugal for last 3 years.

Are the young Juventus forward and the lad at Dortmund involved with England under 20s or are they in the younger age groups?

They're U20s, but Dortmund didn't release Bynoe-Gittens for the World Cup, and Iling decided to stay with Juventus of his own accord, which is fair enough as he was starting to get more first team game time with them, next season both will probably be moved up to the 21s.

• Thanks 1

Â