UEFA 2023 U21 European Championship

useless

England with all the possession in this, but Carsleys odd tactics still ring. It’s crying out for a CF, and who better than our Archer to lead the line, move the defence about to ensure we get in behind.

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

In the lead up to the pen, Ramsey would’ve scored there, striking first time where Smith Rowe takes a touch. Think we are missing his driving with the ball, Gordon is trying to do that, but he’s not as good.

Completely forget they were playing, lost interest now Ramsey injured, and the stupid decision not to play Archer, England played their best football in the tournament when Archer was on the pitch against Germany, neither goal would have been scored in that game if it wasn't for him, and the thanks he gets is being dropped to instead play Gordon as the striker, who other than a few simple goals hasn't done much at all, which I don't blame him for as he's not a striker, it's not even as if he's being used as a false 9 that would be a little more understandable, but if going to play him as a striker then just use the actual striker in the squad who's scored five goals in eight appearances or whatever it is and got a few assists.

5 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Israel are a horrible team and really shouldn't be here.

Hopefully Carsley sorts himself out second half and gets Archer on at some point.

I think Israel have done well at a few youth tournaments now, so fair play to them for developing players. But it is very dour, very well drilled.

7 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I think Israel have done well at a few youth tournaments now, so fair play to them for developing players. But it is very dour, very well drilled.

Yep, they're well drilled, but more than happy to leave a foot in and get their retaliation in first..

Add your own punchline.

• Like 1

The worry for me is that if a non-European nation can compete for a European national tournament, then there's a precedent for a Saudi club side to play in the Champions league.

Europe isn't a bank, you don't get to be on a different continent because you've got money and allies and no one round your way likes you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The worry for me is that if a non-European nation can compete for a European national tournament, then there's a precedent for a Saudi club side to play in the Champions league.

Europe isn't a bank, you don't get to be on a different continent because you've got money and allies and no one round your way likes you.

Haven’t Israel always played in Uefa competitions? Or at least for a long time? 

Id agree that the non European nations intervention in European leagues would be terrible. 

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yep - and it's always been wrong.

Brazil and argentina have an invite to the nations league don't they?  That will happen for the saudis

Australia also switched over to the Asian federation

Sadly the only reason Israel play in European competition is because their own true confederation is entirely made up of countries that don't accept it's existence, so sadly Europe gets them.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

UEFA TV crashed on me - I watched 89 minutes and missed the goal! :)

Can anyone describe it?

1-2 with Palmer? , then Archer blasted it through the crowd into the top of the goal. 

Edited by KAZZAM
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

UEFA TV crashed on me - I watched 89 minutes and missed the goal! :)

Can anyone describe it?

EDIT - I figured out you can rewind it - it's quite the smash.

It’s such a weird site, I watched first half. Had stuff to do for half an he, went back into it and no longer live viewing available so missed both second half goals 🤦🏻‍♂️

Â