UEFA 2023 U21 European Championship

useless

3 minutes ago, Django_Zooms said:

Yes it does 

Not convinced

It serves a purpose if you're facing wave after wave of attack and you want to slow the game down and break up momentum, that wasn't what was happening tonight, Spain never had that much play that we needed to do it and on top of that Spain weren't so much better than England that the real answer on how to break up their play is by playing a bit of your own football, if you want one of your players to get their foot on the ball and take pressure off then let it be one of your PL starting CMs do it not your keeper

Just now, villa4europe said:

Bollocks if he is, he's looked like an ineffective fish out of water every time I've seen him

Morgan Gibbs White was loads better but in any case surely they have to give it to a defender or gk given all the clean sheets.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Clear and obvious error?

Is a PL wording not UEFAs or FIFAs isn't it?

Clear and obvious is part sales pitch to convince us VAR wouldn't ruin football part grey area creator to mean they can do what they like, it means nothing

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Is a PL wording not UEFAs or FIFAs isn't it?

Clear and obvious is part sales pitch to convince us VAR wouldn't ruin football part grey area creator to mean they can do what they like, it means nothing

True enough - it's still never ever a penalty in a million years though, that's the key bit for me.

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

True enough - it's still never ever a penalty in a million years though, that's the key bit for me.

Yeah it's a crazy one, not that it should matter but especially given that stage of that game, it amazed me they even looked at it, I still can't even see what they think is the foul, there's nothing in it

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yeah it's a crazy one, not that it should matter but especially given that stage of that game, it amazed me they even looked at it, I still can't even see what they think is the foul, there's nothing in it

I can’t find a replay on twitter but I think the England defender did a wild swing which was nowhere near the ball and hit the Spanish player across the leg

Â