Álex Baena

AvfcRigo82

2 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Ah it’s just a bit of fun though, people like speculating and discussing stuff, even if the chances are slim or the source is rubbish. It’s just something to do :) 

Was watching Chelsea highlights and Buendia was instrumental in first 2 chances we didn't score. Pretty sure I posted 2 seasons before we signed him that we should get him and was over the moon when we did and now loads shit on him even though played loads in our rise to Europe. That and remember the bullshit Rashica thread and the Julie B Japanese guy and the Wesley Sneijder years ago. Just tired of the obvious click bait

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Was watching Chelsea highlights and Buendia was instrumental in first 2 chances we didn't score. Pretty sure I posted 2 seasons before we signed him that we should get him and was over the moon when we did and now loads shit on him even though played loads in our rise to Europe. That and remember the bullshit Rashica thread and the Julie B Japanese guy and the Wesley Sneijder years ago. Just tired of the obvious click bait

I think it might be time to take a break then dude. These kinds of forums are a social media of sorts, and like all social media they can be insidious in the way we let them creep in to our day. Maybe take a break from VT, twitter, whatever else you look on, for a week and see what happens, if we sign someone in that time then so be it, but at least you’d have had a bit of a detox from it all?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, PieFacE said:

We really need some fresh links

5 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yeah even if no substance. Hook it to my veins

And along comes this thread.

But yet here we are...

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Sport Witness is trash. I guess there's a low bar on making speculation threads now

2 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

It's not about that. I'm looking forward to the next transfer as much as anyone but when you have posts like "we really need a new signing" when there's not been much ins across the PL. I would like if we introduced a # number system for each new link so we could see how bullshit it really is

Seriously.

Stop bloody moaning. Have you forgot it's a forum and the time of year we are going to be linked with players no matter what or where the rumour comes from?

Regardless where it's from, you rubbish every link to every player that is mentioned. Are you expecting Nassef or Emery to drop you a direct email with who we are signing? Would that be a reliable source?

If it all bothers you that much then maybe time out from here would be a sensible option?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

And along comes this thread.

But yet here we are...

Seriously.

Stop bloody moaning. Have you forgot it's a forum and the time of year we are going to be linked with players no matter what or where the rumour comes from?

Regardless where it's from, you rubbish every link to every player that is mentioned. Are you expecting Nassef or Emery to drop you a direct email with who we are signing? Would that be a reliable source?

If it all bothers you that much then maybe time out from here would be a sensible option?

Shots fired.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, MrBlack said:

They were quoting AS... but I've no idea who AS are.

I understand that AS is a Spanish-language sports newspaper, with more than 7.5 million users. That said, I usually take Sport Witness stories with a large pinch of salt.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PerryBarrPet said:

What happened and are we sure Valverde has no blame?

Well Valverde wouldn't have made up a comment that Baena apparently said unless he is a complete sicko

Baena was apparently mocking that Valverde partner had a miscarriage

Edited by Zatman

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Well Valverde wouldn't have made up a comment that Baena apparently said unless he is a complete sicko

She didn't have a miscarriage.  It was supposedly around pregnancy issues she was having.

Sport Wtiness?? Seriously?

We may as well start a thread for every footballer that exists just to save time as I'm sure tomorrow there will be another ridiculous thread about a player with no substanxe to it.

Possibly someone whose best friends cousins mate went to see Pink at Villa Park.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John said:

I understand that AS is a Spanish-language sports newspaper, with more than 7.5 million users. That said, I usually take Sport Witness stories with a large pinch of salt.  

I think, like a couple of posters have mentioned already, sports witness are just riding the coattail of AS Spanish tabloid.

Focusing on more of the fact of what AS are reporting on this is what should be focused on rather than it being a rumour by sports witness.

As for the player, he sounds like what we need and for a the Emery mould too.

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Don’t underestimate what people will make up to defend assault. Especially as he got the police involved.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Don’t underestimate what people will make up to defend assault. Especially as he got the police involved.

To be fair mate, I think this goes both ways.

People will also make up shite in an attempt to defend themselves.

Throw stones and hide etc.

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair mate, I think this goes both ways.

People will also make up shite in an attempt to defend themselves.

Throw stones and hide etc.

This is true as well but one broke the law. It will remain one man’s word against the others I guess. 

Â