Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

wishywashy

32 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

When will people realise Gregg Evans (ie the Athletic) are top tier in terms of reporting. 

It's a subscription site they are legit because Ornstein is gospel. It's a great site too and worth the £12 or whatever it cost for the early deal subscription 

David Ornstein and Gregg Evans are not comparable.

I'm tall. I'm not Tyrone Mings. Evans writes words, he's not Ornstein.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

David Ornstein and Gregg Evans are not comparable.

I'm tall. I'm not Tyrone Mings. Evans writes words, he's not Ornstein.

One is the editor of the site the other is the "nominated" reporter of Aston Villa. 

Do you know how any of this works? They have daily meetings and information is shared. They decide what to print. What they've typed is reviewed. 

Who gives a shit about your opinion of Gregg Evans. It's your opinion of The Athletic that matters. Theur the ones printing, Gregg is an employee

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

One is the editor of the site the other is the "nominated" reporter of Aston Villa. 

Do you know how any of this works? They have daily meetings and information is shared. They decide what to print. What they've typed is reviewed. 

Who gives a shit about your opinion of Gregg Evans. It's your opinion of The Athletic that matters. Theur the ones printing, Gregg is an employee

You’re not right about this at all. Their model gives each club reporter a lot of leeway. Some of those club reporters have way better contacts than others. Same as with the Guardian, Fabrizio Romano (albeit a tap-in merchant blah blah blah) knows way more about transfers than David Hytner, but they’ll still print Hytner’s best guesses. They don’t sit around in meetings about what transfer rumours are most credible to publish.

I think he’s a lovely player but with the injury record I’d be wary. We don’t seem to have the best of luck with that sort of thing. (Shudders remembering Micah Richard’s’ history here)

5 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

I blame Purslow if he fails.

He probably won't even mention it to Wes and Nassef until it's complete in case they put a stop to it. 

Modus Operandi

8 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Who gives a shit about your opinion of Gregg Evans

Take it easy Gregg, no need for vulgarity. 

(However if you're this sensitive, I'd steer clear of the Podcast and Media thread, it's a bloodbath in there).

Lets see what comes of this. If it was maybe a 1 year deal with option of 2 it might be ok if he is our backup utility player. Anything other than a small contract would be very concerning.

This is some of talksports recent reporting though so hopefully its just a load of crap..

The Ashley Young role. Experienced pro bought in on a smaller contract.  I’m in the camp who will believe it when they see it, but get why it makes sense. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_Rev said:

The Ashley Young role. Experienced pro bought in on a smaller contract.  I’m in the camp who will believe it when they see it, but get why it makes sense. 

He's watched a lot of football from the bench or from the stands. Not sure that's what we need.

Ashley Young actually played football. Should have gone for Milner if we wanted a more like for like. 

• Like 1

Â