Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

wishywashy

I know it's all about if he can stay fit, but he has featured in a lot of liverpool cup and European games in recent season from memory. Is that not what we are doing on the assumption that we could play another 15 to 20 games this season?

My first reaction to this was please NO!

This is what Emery does though, the player has always been talented and may be able to do a job for the team if true… the jury is out though.

Edited by QldVilla
  • Like 1

Just now, QldVilla said:

My first reaction to this was please NO!

This is what Emery does though, the player has always been talented and may be able to do a job for the team if true… just is out though.

i dont think the problem is his talent, he is a pretty decent player, the point is more i think that he is literally never fit.

Hopefully this is fake news. Don’t want him and he doesn’t get into our team. Didn’t this talksport account try reporting maguire to villa was close after all the stuff about belfry etc? Nobody else has reported it so I think there’s nothing to it. 

44 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

If he is a replacement for Young then ok.

If he is because we’ve missed out on another target then no thanks.

Probably as backup to McGinn and Ramsey in their wide midfielder/CM roles. 

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

i dont think the problem is his talent, he is a pretty decent player, the point is more i think that he is literally never fit.

That’s my concern as well. It happens to footballers, even Mings had had a poor run with injuries before he was loaned to us in the Championship, but has been good with Villa.

But if we get an injury prone Coutinho, what’s the point?

• Like 1

Signing good / excellent players on free transfers, who may be paid higher salaries but we can sell on for pure profit if we choose to, is sensible business.

Common sense dictates this also means we are keeping our powder dry in terms of transfer fees for two exceptional forward players. Which we need.

Villa displaying acumen and efficiency once again. 

Â