Monchi - President of Football Operations

duke313

1 hour ago, delboy54 said:

Where I work there are people who have job titles that I have no idea what they mean....or do.

What the hell is a "senior vertical strategy manager" ?......

Someone who has a scalable and futureproof strategy resulting from blue sky thinking, going forward. I kid you not, I worked with someone who came out with that kind of crap all the time 🤦‍♂️

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

This twerp has obviously been sat on this waiting to post as soon as he was appointed.

Yawn.

The problem is that he has a decent enough following (16.5k) for it to potentially gain traction.

• Like 1

I don’t think we should go around meddling in other countries traditions, they need to learn for themselves what is right and wrong and looking through Spanish newspapers they are slowly getting there with blackface.

football is a multicultural sport with people from all different walks of life with all different views who are we (with our not perfect past or present) to tell any other country what is right and wrong?

• Like 1

I thought it was the time he auditioned for Tropic Thunder but Robert Downey Jr pipped him to the role. 

As others have said - the context and tradition behind it matters a great deal. Spain have different views, beliefs and traditions - him taking part in this role doesn’t make him racist. I’m pretty sure if he catches wind of the storm in a teacup being started he’d be mortified knowing the views of ‘black facing’ in the UK. 

I don’t necessarily agree with their tradition but understand the context of it. 

Apparently Ramos and Van Nistelrooy have done it in the past too. I can see how people find it offensive but the issue seems to be more around the fact they are choosing to use a white person with blacked face to represent the role than one of the many black people that live in Spain. 

This is a Spain problem, not a Monchi problem. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, est1874 said:

Is this the greatest thing ever? Jesus I don't know, time will tell. It's another corporate restructure. We've had half a dozen over the last decade alone. Let's see if it sticks / works before we start crowning Monchi king is all I'm saying.

10 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I have to take a balanced approach to pretty much everything else in my life.

Football is, realistically, completely inconsequential and so I allow myself to be in the throes of joy and despair at any given moment.

You are both right. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

So we have someone new at the club? Is there anything controversial about him people would like to discuss?

I find the fact that he has a network of 700 Boy Scouts somewhat disturbing

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Monkeypuzzle said:

So we have someone new at the club? Is there anything controversial about him people would like to discuss?

He's culturally appropriated the pronuciation of part of your nickname.

How'd you feel about that, huh?

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

This is going to be blown up astronomically by people who are desperate to win " the wokest warrior " awards isn't it?

Context, nuance and intent still matters. You can frame anything to look how we want it to ffs.

I get everything is alot more sensitive now and he may need a heads up on why this probably won't fly but Jesus man.

People need to chill out... I highly doubt we've hired a KKK Grand Wizard as our Football Director.

20230617_041559.jpg

Some people, will look for anything, Shaun......This isn't racism and folk shouldn't deem it as such.

Also , we are in no place to dictate culture to other countries, its their business.

fortunately, sensible minded folk like you, see that.

If Mother Theresa was being signed up, some folk would find fault.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Some people, will look for anything, Shaun......This isn't racism and folk shouldn't deem it as such.

Also , we are in no place to dictate culture to other countries, its their business.

It may not be racist it's a bloody stupid thing to do in the 21st century, and an intelligent man should know better. Culture my arse, I know plenty of Spanish folk who'd never dream of doing something like that.

The idiot.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

Wand of a left foot

Â