Monchi - President of Football Operations

duke313

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Given Purslow has now gone and Emery seems to have almost total control. I guess Emery just says 'I want this player' and Monchi makes it happen if Nas signs it off?

That would be a poor move if so.

Emery can't watch every player in the world. We'd be working out of a tiny pool.

I thought Monchi was very much a talent spotter as opposed to someone who goes in and signs players.

1 minute ago, Tomaszk said:

I thought Monchi was very much a talent spotter as opposed to someone who goes in and signs players.

This is what is slightly confusing as, from my limited knowledge, Alemany appears to be the complete opposite.

• Thanks 1

Emery says I want a player that can do this and that and then Monchi and his team identify a player that meets the criteria. That's if Monchi ends up agreeing to join, if we want him hopefully those twitter comments are false, I've noticed some of them have been deleted so maybe the posters realized they made a mistake.

3 hours ago, wishywashy said:

Sky are now reporting 'advanced negotiations over compensation'.

I wonder who does the advanced negotiation without no Purslow and no Sporting Director at the club? 😬

3 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I wonder who does the advanced negotiation without no Purslow and no Sporting Director at the club? 😬

I would imagine Lange as he's previously been Sporting Director and has plenty of experience of negotiation from that, or possibly Sawaris as he seems to of been more 'hands on' recently, I'd imagine he's quite a fierce negotiator

Â