Europa Conference Final/Champions League Final

andykeenan

30 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

No one were gonna keep those clubs up.

Besides our club is different now. Their expectations has changed, I'm just adapting.

Sure it would be great if we could win conference next season but the club have far bigger aims. Exciting times ahead.

Makes no sense with your elite posting that top 4 is not worth celebrating and Conference is a tinpot trophy but call Smith top class

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Makes no sense with your elite posting that top 4 is not worth celebrating and Conference is a tinpot trophy but call Smith top class

Was it genuinely the same poster who belittled both achievements?!

Hoping this guy was around in early 80s otherwise they probably had a miserable time dismissing us winning those two league cups.

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

You can be a top class manager without being able to achieve anything or be succesful.

Pochettino was top class at Spurs but didn't achieve anything.

Emery wins trophies at a consistent basis which is what makes him above top class and puts him into the elite category.

9 hours ago, Pinebro said:

It's barely a trophy though.

It's a ticket into Europa League, that's how I look at it.

Seeing as we won’t be winning the champs league or the league anytime soon I’d start lowering your expectations 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Giro said:

Seeing as we won’t be winning the champs league or the league anytime soon I’d start lowering your expectations 

Emery got into the semi finals of the CL with Villareal.

I think you are underestimating what this man is capable of.

10 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Emery got into the semi finals of the CL with Villareal.

I think you are underestimating what this man is capable of.

Im not underestimating him at all, but one step at a time man 

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Hopefully justice is done and UEFA strip West Ham of the trophy for the Fiorentina player getting hit by a weapon

Never in a million years would they strip them of the trophy (although I’d love to see it).

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Hopefully justice is done and UEFA strip West Ham of the trophy for the Fiorentina player getting hit by a weapon

How the hell did the spam fans manage to get so many hard plastic pint cups into the stands in the first place. Poor Stewarding? 

37 minutes ago, Zero7 said:

How the hell did the spam fans manage to get so many hard plastic pint cups into the stands in the first place. Poor Stewarding? 

It is a lighter being thrown that caused the cut on the Fiorentina player's head. Probably more scummy to throw than a plastic pint cup

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tinker said:

The dark days are back 

It’s funny because the entire time 100’s of West Ham fans are throwing stuff onto the pitch and injuring opposition players the commentary was how well behaved they were all day, and vast majority are behaving well. 

Also not a word about them on the pitch at the end.

10 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Spurs went out in the groups didn't they?

They did.  But they couldn't play their final game against Rennes because of Covid, so were given a 3-0 loss which meant they finished 3rd in their group.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pinebro said:

No one were gonna keep those clubs up.

On 11/05/2023 at 08:34, Pinebro said:

I'm still confident Deano will save them.

😋

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Carragher is right

Anyone looking down on this competition or the league cup need to give their head a wobble

He’s right about the trophy part. My disdain is for West Ham winning. Utterly underserved with a dubious penalty and Benrahma not being sent off for a second yellow. Not to mention those scumbag fans. 

• Like 2

Â