Pau Torres

Delphinho123

Hopefully I’m wrong about this but I do get Grealish shin injury vibes with Torres. Feel like it could be a while before we see him again.

Good thing we have kept Lenglet around though I do agree Torres is a level above. 

1 hour ago, foreveryoung said:

I think we are going to need a loan if we can.

We need a solution. Medical team? We're having 2-3 week muscle strains turning into such bad injuries they're out for 6 months

We're missing this guy badly. Really badly. He's crucial to how we play. Can't believe that after the break he's still not fit. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CVByrne said:

Maybe being so careful with Pau is just one big ploy to keep Lenglet and the moment the window shuts Pau is back and Lenglet is back on the bench. 

I think it's more likely that due to the injury to Pau, the club realised how important lenglet was which is why they wouldn't let him leave. I don't believe he had any sort of recall option which is why we had so much noise about clubs contacting villa. 

Pau does 2 things incredibly well, he's calm under pressure with the ball and that influences the whole team in our build up. He is key in us playing out from back under a high press. He is also lethal with the switch pass, he's in top 5% in the entire PL for these and we know them LCB to RWF passes that he nails time and again. Attacking where the space is, our 10s are shut down as teams are covering the passes into them which leaves the space our wide. 

I feel in posession back 3 of Pau Konsa Kamara has the talent for the cross field switches from the two outside CBs there if we have Moreno and Cash high and wide or underlapping we have a much better attacking structure with two of Luiz and Tielemans/McGinn inn the CM roles.

• Like 1

No Pau in last training session video as to be expected. Almost tempted to continue resting him for Sheffield away despite them probably sitting back and us needing his distribution.

We definitely will need him for the FA Cup replay and United at home.

12 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Confirmed out by Emery.

FFS what's the injury? No prognosis or rough return offered.

Every Villa injury always takes weeks longer than the initial prognosis, it's the law. Digne was going to be about for 20-25 days, it's now been a month already.

5 hours ago, est1874 said:

Confirmed out by Emery.

Ohhh shit.  That’s a worry for the Newcastle game without him.

5 hours ago, est1874 said:

Confirmed out by Emery.

This is really dragging on now, have we actually been told what the issue is?  Concerning he came back for Burnley and hasn't been seen since.

Â