Pau Torres

Delphinho123

12 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Why are you so sure that he will flop here?

I'm not sure at all. But there's a decent chance. Too big a chance for me to be "going big" on him. £30m fee + £30m in wages? Absolutely must succeed.

I'd rather get a surer bet for less, even if it means the ceiling probably isn't as high. David Hancko or Piero Hincapie for example. It's hard enough to get attacking players, it's much harder for them if they're coming from outside the PL. Paying top dollar for a defender that isn't really suited to the PL is too big a risk to me.

All trust in Unai. No question he's a good player.

Maybe all we need to do to sign top players is offer them some " kinky " ? 🤔

" Pau Torres at Villa is done. Personal conditions agreed with kinky. Lots of love for Emery and dreams of playing Premier League football.

Soon my friends ⏳ "

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Maybe all we need to do to sign top players is offer them some " kinky " ? 🤔

" Pau Torres at Villa is done. Personal conditions agreed with kinky. Lots of love for Emery and dreams of playing Premier League football.

Soon my friends ⏳ "

Thanks for this....      My Friend.

It appears things are about to get a little 'kinky'.

giphy.webp

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Playing for Bayern is a bigger pull than playing in Premier League. Top 5 biggest clubs in the world and players rarely turn them down

I think it a case by case basis depending what player’s individual desires are but I don’t think it is fact that Bayern is a bigger pull than the PL.  Probably in most cases it is but I’m guessing many players prefer to play in the PL.  As for Torres there are many factors as I’ve stated that would likely pull him more to us than Bayern or at least on par.  Bayern is one of the biggest clubs in the world but the PL is the best league in the world imo and many others. 

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I'm not sure at all. But there's a decent chance. Too big a chance for me to be "going big" on him. £30m fee + £30m in wages? Absolutely must succeed.

I'd rather get a surer bet for less, even if it means the ceiling probably isn't as high. David Hancko or Piero Hincapie for example. It's hard enough to get attacking players, it's much harder for them if they're coming from outside the PL. Paying top dollar for a defender that isn't really suited to the PL is too big a risk to me.

All trust in Unai. No question he's a good player.

It is wild that you think these players are a "surer bet" than Torres. please explain

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Seems like a frustrating summer even with mwry we seem to be gwtting rejected  by next level type signings 

But we will get there eventually 

Seems like a frustrating summer even with Emery and most clubs hardly signing anyone yet,  that people believe made up player links are turning us down

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

I dont dislike this signing, he's clearly a very good player who fits our system, but I cant help think this is ruthlessly harsh on Mings 😔

Mings will be starting next to him as he isnt a great physical defender. Carlos and Konsa arent going to be able to do that job

5 hours ago, Woody1000 said:

Why are you so sure that he will flop here?

He will need about a year to adapt physically and no guarantee it will happen. He also can no longer get in the Spain squad either

7 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Seems like a frustrating summer even with Emery and most clubs hardly signing anyone yet,  that people believe made up player links are turning us down

It certainly is possible that players we want are turning us down, not sure why anyone would doubt or question that. It is also fine that it happens - why be disappointed about something you have zero control over?

Sometimes an offer, even if unsuccessful, signifies a buying club's direction of travel and/or the player's understanding of that club's intent, etc. Villa are on the rise, paying more, have a good manager, great set up, in Europe, etc.

But we are competing with other clubs who can offer even more. So, yes we will be losing out. That's life, move on to the next player and continue improving until the ones we want can't/won't turn us down. It's all perfectly fine and normal.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Mings will be starting next to him as he isnt a great physical defender. Carlos and Konsa arent going to be able to do that job

Most managers like natural footed CB pair not two left footed 

3 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

It certainly is possible that players we want are turning us down, not sure why anyone would doubt or question that.

I seriously do doubt it. We have decades of data that most transfer rumours are made up and it's only got worse with Twitter. Assuming clubs want most of the early links is the height of gullibility

Edited by Kiwivillan

1 minute ago, Kiwivillan said:

I seriously do doubt it. We have decades of data that most transfer rumours are made up and it's only got worse with Twitter. Assuming clubs want most of the early links is the height of gullibility

I didn't say how many players were turning us down, or comment on their quality, or even allude to the veracity of the individual rumours, but I did say players will be turning us down. Of course they will, we aren't going to be successful with every offer we make. And that is fine.

• Like 1

Â