Youri Tielemans

thejoker

51 minutes ago, Mazrim said:

I think its clear (at least to me) that he was still suffering from his "phoning it in" season at a toxic Leicester last year, and that he needed time to adjust to our higher level of fitness and tempo.

Well, it looks like he has now. Long may it continue.

His body may have also needed a rest

1 minute ago, ChesterDad said:

To be honest - I thought there were glimpses of the player - we thought he was right from the start.

I like him and I’m pleased for him, that we are now starting to see the best version of him and long May this continue 🤞

In preseason for sure. His passing was devastating at times. Then it all kicked off in anger and he struggled a bit but that's not a massive shock.
He's always looked motivated, even if the sharpness was missing.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Remember reading that Tielemans has to play himself into form when at Leicester. More he played the better he got. So Rodgers flogged him to death. 

Yes I also remember seeing this on here actually. Let’s hope history is repeating 🤞

Just watched the highlights.. 3 brilliant  through balls in the first half.and i mean brilliant. Inch perfect and pace perfect. Still got a bad pass in him early doors but he seems to get that out of his system quicker and quicker now. And there is no reason remember why Youri can't improve hugely under Emery like our other midfielders . Doesnt even turn 27 to the end of the season. He will he scarily good at times over the next few years as he learns all about playing as a 10 again.

Edited by MWARLEY2
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

When we needed someone to put his foot on the ball and pick the right pass, he did it. He was a game changer.

but, when you pay 150k a week to a player, that’s what you get. 13 teams in this league don’t have their best player on anywhere near that amount. That’s what depth allows.

He was superb. He’s so much more effective further forward. He isn’t athletic, we know that, but his technical ability is up there with Luiz’s and probably one of our best footballers. 

McGinn Motm, but Tielemans a close second for changing the game for us. A superb performance.

Excellent today - gave us the ability to have the ball stick in an area high up the pitch - Spurs pressed the life out of us in our own half in the first half, he gave us the ability to change that by getting into their half - he's looking fitter, more confident and more comfortable in the side - which is good, we're going to need him.

Â