Youri Tielemans

thejoker

Just now, Zatman said:

An 18 year old who Probably didn't speak English compared to a full international who played in England 6 years and multiple major tournaments. Really

Yes really

The point i was making is give him time

16 hours ago, Zatman said:

He didnt have to answer the question especially about a matter unrelated to Belgium. He wasnt held at gunpoint to give an answer

Yeah you’re right if he sat there and said “I’m not answering that (perfectly reasonable) question” there would be no fallout or headlines spun about that. What’s the problem with him just answering honestly by saying he’d like to be playing more? People aren’t stupid, that’s obviously the case. Anyway I’ll leave this now as your mind is clearly made up on him.

• Like 2

Tielemans is exactly what Leicester fans warned he would be ...... lazy and with a bad attitude. He also looks decidedly unfit, blowing like a steam train and struggling to make up ground when out of position. Add to that his uncanny talent of passing to the opposition more times than he passes to a Villa player and you end up with a player who really has no legitimate basis for complaint.

Of course I'd love to see him come good but he keeps getting game-time and is showing no signs of improving to my eyes. If Buendia or Ramsey were fit, Tielemans collects splinters even if he is lucky enough to make the bench !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Yeah you’re right if he sat there and said “I’m not answering that (perfectly reasonable) question” there would be no fallout or headlines spun about that. What’s the problem with him just answering honestly by saying he’d like to be playing more? People aren’t stupid, that’s obviously the case. Anyway I’ll leave this now as your mind is clearly made up on him.

I’m not answering that question would lead to 2+2 being put together, more questions and more pressure. Sure he needs to improve - and he doesn’t deserve to start. But I’m ok with him saying he wants to be a starter. He just has to prove it.

Tielemans: " Mr. Emery, I need to start football matches "

Unai: " Boubacar Kamara and Douglas Luiz have been better than you, and when you have gotten the chance, you've been shite "

Tielemans: " How dare you, i'm Youri Tielemans, once Belgium's hottest midfield prospect and former PL Champions Leicester City star "

Unai: " And i'm Unai Emery... get out "

• Haha 1

I remember seeing him in one of Leicester's games at the end of last season where he gave the ball away (which led to a goal) and his attempt to chase back was so feeble... It looked bad. As bad as Barkley after he came back from his injury and it was like he didn't know how to run anymore. I'm not saying Youri has been quite that terrible for us, but I'd hoped that more of his poor performances for Leicester last season were due to them being a terrible team and him feeling frustrated that he didn't get his move the summer before. The bit of hope I have that he'll turn it around comes from remembering how bad McGinn looked at the start of last season. It took him a while to really get what Emery wanted from him also. So, let's hope that Unai can work his magic (and that Tielemans is hungry to learn).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

I thought he was better in the second half last week. Let’s give him time.

We don’t do that here. If players are not good at the start then they are shit.

• Like 2

Weirdly, he looked hungry and good in pre season, obviously at a slower pace. 

It visually just looks like he put the effort in on arrival, didn't make the 1st 11 and then took his foot off the effort pedal.

Clearly that won't be the case and maybe expectations were too high, hasn't yet fit into our system, hasn't had enough game time or a number of other reasons, but he has been very poor every time he's come on since the season started and needs to push that effort pedal down and keep it down.

7 minutes ago, Enda said:

I think this criticism of VT is overplayed. I don’t think VT is bad at all really.

Let me explain with a comparison. I posted a thing on the internet recently that went a bit viral. A million people read it. It didn’t get much of a reaction as the vast majority of readers went on with their lives. But about 50 people were critical. That’s 50 out of 1,000,000 and so 99.99% of people we’re not critical. But I had 50 critical comments.

I think VT is a bit like this. Most Villa fans think Tielemens is a bit meh and move on with their lives, but fifty people call him a waste of space. We don’t see the silent majority who think he’s not worth complaining about.

Long live VT.

This is a good post. Good point well made. But I want to know what you posted that got a million views ?

9 hours ago, Enda said:

I think this criticism of VT is overplayed. I don’t think VT is bad at all really.

Let me explain with a comparison. I posted a thing on the internet recently that went a bit viral. A million people read it. It didn’t get much of a reaction as the vast majority of readers went on with their lives. But about 50 people were critical. That’s 50 out of 1,000,000 and so 99.99% of people we’re not critical. But I had 50 critical comments.

I think VT is a bit like this. Most Villa fans think Tielemens is a bit meh and move on with their lives, but fifty people call him a waste of space. We don’t see the silent majority who think he’s not worth complaining about.

Long live VT.

Yeah you are absolutely right about that, it just gets tiresome to see the overreactions. Agree most are probably balanced and simply don’t post that opinion.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Came on with 26 minutes to go with Belgium 3-0 up against Austria.

It finished 3-2.

Onana did get sent off before their second, but suspect he didn't do his international chances any favors. 

You never watched it, did you? 😁

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tinker said:

You never watched it, did you? 😁

You got me. Was going based on the match stats and the rating he got on Google relative to the rest of the team. It's all I've got until I find somewhere showing a replay. 😜

• Haha 1

On 12/10/2023 at 05:50, Paul33 said:

Tielemans is exactly what Leicester fans warned he would be ...... lazy and with a bad attitude. He also looks decidedly unfit, blowing like a steam train and struggling to make up ground when out of position. Add to that his uncanny talent of passing to the opposition more times than he passes to a Villa player and you end up with a player who really has no legitimate basis for complaint.

Of course I'd love to see him come good but he keeps getting game-time and is showing no signs of improving to my eyes. If Buendia or Ramsey were fit, Tielemans collects splinters even if he is lucky enough to make the bench !

As a Leicester fan I will add that when he was playing well he was absolutely brilliant ! He was never speedy but his positional sense & passing made up for his pace !  His last season at Leicester was not great but I felt that a move & a new manager might rejuvenate him.  Maybe Unai can turn him around & get his best game back.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Â