Youri Tielemans

thejoker

I wonder how much of this is smoke, and how much fire:

https://www.football365.com/news/aston-villa-star-inner-circle-already-wants-quit-fall-out-unai-emery

Astom Villa star Youri Tielemans has reportedly ‘told his inner circle’ that he wants out of the club having only signed for the Villans in the summer.

Might explain his less than salubrious cameos, but equally I might be fitting the "evidence" to the theory.

4 minutes ago, Stevo71 said:

https://www.football365.com/news/aston-villa-star-inner-circle-already-wants-quit-fall-out-unai-emery

Might explain his less than salubrious cameos, but equally I might be fitting the "evidence" to the theory.

When he gets his chance he has to impress, unfortunately he has not. 

I think our supporters needs to cut some slack too. Remember people saying Cash's career at Villa was over because Young was playing ahead of him. In reality Cash needed to take on and learn so much of what Emery was teaching him before he could be relied upon as much as he is now. 

Furthermore Luiz is probably top  in most expensive players we have at the club if we were to sell any players. I'd say Watkins, Luiz, Martinez, Ramsey. So it's a huge gap for a new player to try bridge. 

• Thanks 1

If this is true, we don't lose out at all by selling him. In fact we'd profit greatly. So if true it would be best to get rid.

However if it isn't true, then he needs to get his head down, work hard, and show everyone how good he is.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

If this is true, we don't lose out at all by selling him. In fact we'd profit greatly. So if true it would be best to get rid.

However if it isn't true, then he needs to get his head down, work hard, and show everyone how good he is.

If it was true why has Emery played him in every game? It's just the usual bs made up to get clicks

• Like 2

It's bollocks. The football365 source is football insider.

Other than that they rehash quotes from his previous international break, after which Emery commented on them and closed the case. 

Ignore. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If it was true why has Emery played him in every game? It's just the usual bs made up to get clicks

I don't know if it's true. I don't know what goes on behind closed doors at the club. What I do know is Emery doesn't strike me as the kind of manager to freeze out a major asset just because he is moaning about wanting to play more games. If anything this is the kind of moaning managers want (if players are going to moan).

But Tielemens does strike me as a man that doesn't have much patience when he isn't getting what he wants.

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I think our supporters needs to cut some slack too. Remember people saying Cash's career at Villa was over because Young was playing ahead of him. In reality Cash needed to take on and learn so much of what Emery was teaching him before he could be relied upon as much as he is now

Agree 100% with this. Emery has a very clear way of playing and when he can take his time to integrate someone he generally seems to…

I'm sure it's absolute nonsense but really I do wonder what he's thinking coming here? He was once linked to top clubs , surely he has aspirations to play but he's come to a club where he is never ever ever ever going to get in above a fit Luiz or Kamera.

The whole transfer just doesn't make sense from his point of view.

31 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I'm sure it's absolute nonsense but really I do wonder what he's thinking coming here? He was once linked to top clubs , surely he has aspirations to play but he's come to a club where he is never ever ever ever going to get in above a fit Luiz or Kamera.

The whole transfer just doesn't make sense from his point of view.

No chance Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal were going to want him.   

We were either the highest placed club that wanted him, or we were the club willing to pay him the most.

So his choice was either Villa OR a lower placed club and/or a club paying a lot less.

We're a handful if games into a long season. He hasn't been up to it but also hasn't played much. He's definitely a better player than he's shown so far but probably needs a run of games to find form - which is normal. He might be waiting for an injury to really get that but heaven knows with our luck that's probably not far away. 

I suspect we'll really appreciate him by the end of the season.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevo71 said:

Thank god please be true.

Awful player.

Westwood had more of an impact on games.

Â