Youri Tielemans

thejoker

1 hour ago, Lord Willard said:

Luckily he isn't a guaranteed starter for us. If he doesn't perform better than Luiz our POTS AND FPOTS or Karama one of Europe's hottest prospects he doesn't play.

Ay karama!

4 hours ago, MaVilla said:

It’s a great summary for sure. Confirms that for me, he’s here to compete with Luiz and Kamara who aren’t really expected to run with the ball but beat the press and progress the ball centrally. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

We needed a genuine option to compete with Luiz and Kamara in the centre. We have more matches to play and now have three genuine quality players for two positions.

All three will see a lot of minutes.

He could also play the Buendia role. Not the position as much as the way he passes. You watch his thru balls and they are just like Buendias. He likes them  slide rule on the floor. 

30 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He could also play the Buendia role. Not the position as much as the way he passes. You watch his thru balls and they are just like Buendias. He likes them  slide rule on the floor. 

Vision-wise yes, but he won't be able to press like Buendia can.

I think you might see him alongside Kamara at times, with Luiz rotating with Ramsey and McGinn. Other times he might be in for Kamara. Either way, I don't think he will start every game like he had at Leicester. 

7 hours ago, MaVilla said:

And interestingly, he says Villa fans who will have seen him under Deano.

May not realise that he had actually just come back from injury and wasn't fit.

Whereas Leicester fans talking bad about him were probably for the most part viewing him through a negative Lense as he hadn't signed a new contract AND they were also having a poor season.

As we all know, we are all capable of viewing player performances tinged with how we feel about a particular player at any given time.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

And interestingly, he says Villa fans who will have seen him under Deano.

May not realise that he had actually just come back from injury and wasn't fit.

Whereas Leicester fans talking bad about him were probably for the most part viewing him through a negative Lense as he hadn't signed a new contract AND they were also having a poor season.

As we all know, we are all capable of viewing player performances tinged with how we feel about a particular player at any given time.

If I heard correctly he was also playing an extra 25 games a season than the rest of the squad the last couple of seasons becuase Rodgers had no other options. Let alone being asked to play twice a week after coming back from injury mid season.

Funny how some fans can’t see the forest for the trees.

I get the feeling Emery + data team have worked out he's been run into the ground by playing every match. I assume he can't train to the level required as he spends so much energy playing that much. I think we'll see more work on his physical side so he can improve his mobility and then play less than he has at Leicester. What's more is, he has been made to play 90min in nearly every game. I think with Emery he will ask him to run himself down to empty by 65 mins and he'll come off. With 5 subs players can focus on playing 60/65 min games with a bigger squad and a sub to come on. 

So I think what people say is his weakness, his mobility, soeed etc.. I'm sure Emery has a plan for. Less football so more time to train physically and play 60 min games as we use our bench.

More long shots too.

As lower table teams suss out how Villa finish in the final third - Tielemans is a good option to draw out the midfield line and test their keeper from distance. Otherwise we get stuck in the unenviable recycling of the ball from flank to flank.

I think an overall low risk/high ceiling pick up for Villa. Won't be asked to carry the team but contributions against certain sides will be useful.

• Like 1

Great point regarding scoring from outside of the box, its very rare that we seem to do that and here is a player with form for putting one in the top corner after arriving late. I feel like we need a proper number 8, Tielemans at his best will be a very good one but we do need him to be the Tielemans who has the early leicester form! Very good deal on a free, Kamara and young worked out brilliantly on frees so hopefully this signing is the same!

16 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I agree he could be playing as the 10 dropping off Watkins and playing on the turn to thread balls through. Also he has a brilliant shot on him so if he's not closed down he can score himself. 

I know players and staff will  now be taking well earned holidays, but I do get frustrated how regularly we seem to sign players and then go prolonged periods of time before releasing any content, interviews/photos etc. 

44 minutes ago, av1 said:

I know players and staff will  now be taking well earned holidays, but I do get frustrated how regularly we seem to sign players and then go prolonged periods of time before releasing any content, interviews/photos etc. 

I agree, but in this case his contract with Leicester isn't up until July 1st I don't think, so we have to stay in Christmas Eve mode :)

• Like 1

Â