Youri Tielemans

thejoker

Even if we are paying him £200k/week (i imagine it would be more of a big signing on fee to not blow our wage structure) the deal over 4 years still only amounts to just over £40m, which someone would have probably paid for him as a fee last summer

• Like 1

Just now, MSvillain said:

Even if we are paying him £200k/week (i imagine it would be more of a big signing on fee to not blow our wage structure) the deal over 4 years still only amounts to just over £40m, which someone would have probably paid for him as a fee last summer

Why didn't they then? He's been available for two years, no one paid anything for him because it's too big a risk as he is absolutely spent.

9 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

How much is this costing us?  Fees are only half the story.  In a free normally a big signing on and crazy wages.  Nothing is free.

yes but look at this way for FFP this could be huge. He is q6 lets say he stays 2-3 years we sell for 25m thats 25m profit for the coffers

1 minute ago, MSvillain said:

Which makes it a lower risk signing, which should assuage some concerns about his conditioning and attitude, both of which are determined somewhat subjectively. He had a down year for a team that collapsed. I'm sure with the new challenge, we'll see him do well.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, GrumpyFox said:
1 hour ago, gwi1890 said:

I don’t know why our fans would be annoyed….. I mean, we allowed ourselves to go down so what can we say? 

I can see it.

Youve lived the dream at Leicester to have ownership that took the team to the highest level of the game has been an amazing gift.

Maybe they thought it was going to always be like that from now on.Maybe they are young and have only seen a poorly managed shadow of Aston Villa.Or maybe it’s just a knee jerk reaction to losing a good player to a team they didn’t even see as rivals just one year ago…

For what it’s worth I think Leicester will win the Championship they are not the basket  case Villa we’re when we went down that’s for sure.

Something is tielling me that if Emery can get him going again, he'll be a good signing. 

A lot of us were giving up on McGinn and thought he'd hit his ceiling with Gerrard in charge (myself included) and now he's playing the best football of his career. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, marklcfc said:

Why didn't they then? He's been available for two years, no one paid anything for him because it's too big a risk as he is absolutely spent.

lets see how he fairs for a big club under a proper manager

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, MarkLillis said:

I can see it.

Youve lived the dream at Leicester to have ownership that took the team to the highest level of the game has been an amazing gift.

Maybe they thought it was going to always be like that from now on.Maybe they are young and have only seen a poorly managed shadow of Aston Villa.Or maybe it’s just a knee jerk reaction to losing a good player to a team they didn’t even see as rivals just one year ago…

For what it’s worth I think Leicester will win the Championship they are not the basket  case Villa we’re when we went down that’s for sure.

Agreed, they should come right back up, will likely take one of the top 2 spots. Hate to say it, but Leeds should bounce right back too, especially with new owner funds.

Leicester fans are rattled here’s a post on their forum 

Love this. Who the fck do they think they are? 

I'm swimming against the current with the bitterness on here against Youri. But imo Villa have fluked getting a potentially top class player who's way beyond their level. This is what Villa always do.

Always have. Steve Staunton or Julian Joachim or Lloyd McGrath or Peter Schmeichel or now Buendia and Youri. They wait like vultures for players who make their name elsewhere and opportunistically pick them up. Rancid club. 

That’s a really strange post from their forum, looks to me like they are still fuming about losing Joachim on the cheap and have a fabricated a story around it.

Leicester fans are rattled here’s a post on their forum 

Love this. Who the fck do they think they are? 

I'm swimming against the current with the bitterness on here against Youri. But imo Villa have fluked getting a potentially top class player who's way beyond their level. This is what Villa always do.

Always have. Steve Staunton or Julian Joachim or Lloyd McGrath or Peter Schmeichel or now Buendia and Youri. They wait like vultures for players who make their name elsewhere and opportunistically pick them up. Rancid club. 

We spent a long blooming time waiting for Schmeichel to make a name for himself. Proper low energy vultures.

• Haha 1

Â