Youri Tielemans

thejoker

6 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I'm slightly unsure about this, not because I don't think he is a good player because he definitely is but unsure because of how poor Leicester were and how little fight that tram seemed to have.

However my feelings are overuled by the simple mantra I follow....

In Unai, I trust

Welcome Youri, you are now a Villan!

If we hadn’t replaced Gerrard, this could very easily have been Kamara, Luiz, McGinn, Mings..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thug said:

How on earth can anyone be disappointed with this?

The mind boggles

I’m not disappointed but after watching quite a lot of him this season, he’s got a lot to prove in my opinion. Hopefully he’ll think so to.

Edited by WallisFrizz
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Thug said:

If we hadn’t replaced Gerrard, this could very easily have been Kamara, Luiz, McGinn, Mings..

That's a big stretch mate and not sure the relevance....

He will bring depth of quality in the midfield park..

He will give competitive to the other players..

We have more games next season and we need to remain competitive..

im hoping that a strong Pre season will have him raring to go

• Like 1

Just now, Reivax_Villa said:

He will bring depth of quality in the midfield park..

He will give competitive to the other players..

We have more games next season and we need to remain competitive..

im hoping that a strong Pre season will have him raring to go

Yeah I've seen a few people say he " downed tools " but I'm not sure that was necessarily the case.

I think things just went very stale at Leicester for the whole squad.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

And this is from a " shit " season.

Yep they don't seem to align to a player who "couldn't be bothered".  We'll see.  But I am definitely feeling more confident that he won't be another Barkley. 

Also the issue with long balls reminds me a bit of McGinn and we've seen a massive improvement there - now there are more options for short passes, he's more confident in keeping hold of the ball and he's more selective in terms of when to try the long ball (i.e. when the risk/reward balance is more in his favour).  So I would expect significant improvement in that side of things ahead of the start of the season.

4 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Leicester fans are rattled here’s a post on their forum 

Love this. Who the fck do they think they are? 

I'm swimming against the current with the bitterness on here against Youri. But imo Villa have fluked getting a potentially top class player who's way beyond their level. This is what Villa always do.

Always have. Steve Staunton or Julian Joachim or Lloyd McGrath or Peter Schmeichel or now Buendia and Youri. They wait like vultures for players who make their name elsewhere and opportunistically pick them up. Rancid club. 

🤣 The **** cheek of it. Leicester were nothing, fluked a league win and have no gone back to being nothing.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Leicester fans are rattled here’s a post on their forum 

Love this. Who the fck do they think they are? 

I'm swimming against the current with the bitterness on here against Youri. But imo Villa have fluked getting a potentially top class player who's way beyond their level. This is what Villa always do.

Always have. Steve Staunton or Julian Joachim or Lloyd McGrath or Peter Schmeichel or now Buendia and Youri. They wait like vultures for players who make their name elsewhere and opportunistically pick them up. Rancid club. 

Really uneducated and bitter that.  Presumably a chubby child with nothing better to do.

• Haha 1

Â