Europa League Final/FA Cup Final

andykeenan

3 minutes ago, jayEm said:

Was McManaman's comment that 'certain nationalities will win at any cost' a bit odd or is that just me?

Everything he says is bizarre, he ruins BT Sport’s coverage of big European nights

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StewieGriffin said:

These antics on the touchline are absolutely farcical - officials have completely lost control of the benches 

Unclear what the officials could have actually done about that tbh, has been going on the whole match. Send them all off!?

5 minutes ago, jayEm said:

Was McManaman's comment that 'certain nationalities will win at any cost' a bit odd or is that just me?

Not really, I get it...he knows from his time playing in La Liga.

I recently watched the World cup final highlights from 1978, the diving and cheating was blatant. 

The Germans with Klinsmann...

Argies again with Diego...

At a young age I was fascinated by Argentinian football which was shown regularly on Screensport (remember that) early nineties and the diving was blatant. La Liga too has been rife with it for decades.

Ronaldo’s first stint with Man Poo, there were many cases of diving....

It's slowly crept in over here now too. Ashley Young, Greal-hiss and even Konsa all English and adept at winning a foul.

Suppose it's an art form to influence the referee, there is a difference though:

(a) winning a foul

(B) diving to cheat

• Like 2

Just now, KentVillan said:

Unclear what the officials could have actually done about that tbh, has been going on the whole match. Send them all off!?

Entering the field without permission is a yellow card offence for a start...

Ref pulls both managers and captains over for a chat to tell them to grow up - it might not stop all of the shenanigans, but when they see the officials just turning a blind eye and ignoring it then they just run riot

2 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

Send them all off!?

Send one off and then the rest will get the message. Problem is refs don't want to "ruin" cup finals so are probably heading out on to the pitch with no red card in their pocket. 

• Like 1

Â