Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

This for me entirely. I hate Arsenal for the way they treated Emery and their fans for the sneering contempt they showed him. It would be a real pleasure to see them miss out on the premier  league because of the 6 points we took off them.

Arse have the most unbearable fans out there. Man City are just a boring, nothing, oil money club with nothing about them. You barely even notice them.

• Like 1

All we need is a point (or better) against Palace. I'll be watching and hoping Man Shitty put 9 past Spurs but if Spurs turn it around it's still up to us. Frankly, if we can't get a point at Palace we don't deserve Champions League football.

Despite what the majority of their fans want, Ange and the Spurs players are going to try and win against City (I'm sure most if not all the Spurs players have CL qualification clauses in their contracts).  But if/when City score (the earlier the better), their heads will drop.  

Call me a bad fan how much you want but

If I had to choose between blues winning the league or us missing out on CL qualification I'll take 5th every day of the week.

2 minutes ago, Pinebro said:

Call me a bad fan how much you want but

If I had to choose between blues winning the league or us missing out on CL qualification I'll take 5th every day of the week.

giphy.gif?cid=9b38fe9105c2sgd295khz5ubpy

• Like 3

Draw tonight would be fantastic but I don't think I could cope with the stress that would put me through.

Given that it's not actually Villa playing, I'm tempted to do something else for two hours and just check the score at the end.

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, MaVilla said:

amazing that Spurs have beaten Man City the last 4 times at home, without Man City scoring a single goal, what the heck is with that!?!?

It's always been when Spurs have had dogged pragmatic managers in Conte and Nuno who had Spurs sit back and hit on the counter. If Ange plays his usual game City will not lose and should win be a couple of goals.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i have numerous mates who are spurs. i work with loads in the office. my boss is one.

they all want them to lose. postecoglou is totally out of touch here.

You can say he is out of touch... But what other sentiment is he meant to have as a Manager, and what message is he meant to send aside from what he has?

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You can say he is out of touch... But what other sentiment is he meant to have as a Manager, and what message is he meant to send aside from what he has?

I love that Spurs have lost Kane, had injuries, should finish 5th, still not mathematically out of 4th and load of their fans want to bin new manager

The betting odds haven't changed much with our point last night, quite surprised by that, but I suppose it's only really going to fluctuate one way or another, after tonight's game.

Skybet currently have us at 1/25 on, and Spurs at 10-1, I have £95 on them at 11's, but hopefully that's ZERO by 10pm tonight.

I feel more relaxed after last night's performance and result, A) because a draw is no longer enough for Spurs, B ) we actually played well for large parts of the game, C) we showed fight and lot's of character and D) I feel more confident that we can get at least a point from Palace - whereas I didn't before. 

Ideally I just want City to go two up early doors, then see the game out comfortably 🙏

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MaVilla said:

amazing that Spurs have beaten Man City the last 4 times at home, without Man City scoring a single goal, what the heck is with that!?!?

Just had a quick look at the fixtures as beforehand this is something I was concerned about up until a few weeks ago.

Spurs 2-0 Man City Feb 2020  - Man City had pretty much lost the league by this point. Liverpool were miles clear (I think) at the top before COVID break
Spurs 2-0 Man City Nov 2020 - Result was in the first half of the season, Man City tend to be slow starters to the season
Spurs 1-0 Man City Aug 2021 - Same as above
Spurs 1-0 Man City Feb 2023 - Harry Kane scores the winner here and he no longer plays for the club. 

None of these wins happened during the run-in when Man City turn into machines and win the league. Also these were against Mourinho/Conte type football whereas Spurs are just more open under Ange. Regardless of the Arsenal stuff, Man City should win against a side that struggles to keep clean sheets and tries to play attacking football. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, jayEm said:

Draw tonight would be fantastic but I don't think I could cope with the stress that would put me through.

Given that it's not actually Villa playing, I'm tempted to do something else for two hours and just check the score at the end.

Why would a draw be fantastic?

• Confused 2

Vicario has only managed six clean sheets this season. 

If you exclude our 4-0 defeat, their last clean sheet was against Forest on 15 December. 

The last time they had back-to-back clean sheets was in October. 

Game tonight can't come quick enough for me. Listening to Spurs fans on talkSport has been entertaining this morning for sure. 

Unholy Alliances!

Some very interesting allegiances for  tonights game

image.png.db83a5b75b60453a836aee1c79c5b6b0.png

I'll be more than happy with a draw, although that may keep me on the edge of the seat until the end.

🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

I wonder how likely an 8 goal swing would be and which scores would be the least unlikely to enable that. 3-0 and 0-5?

But of course that would only an option if spuds win both their games so perhaps the least unlikely way that could happen might be a 2 and 4 goal wins for spuds and a 2 goal defeat for us.🤷‍♂️

EDIT - I'm wrong again - only way GD comes in to it is if we draw so our GD remains at +20, meaning spuds need a GD of +8 in their last 2 games (perhaps 2-0 & 0-6), to then be ahead of us by goals scored (assuming we don't draw 4-4!).

I'm hoping a citeh point or more tonight will remove my current mental fragility!

Edited by brommy
Stupidity.

10 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Because it would guarantee us Champions League and mean City would likely not win the title?

• Like 2