Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

Essentially it's going to come down to who gets the points at home to city.We did ..can they ..I don't think so.

They looked suspect at times on break against a woeful Burnley.Skipp looked dodgy at LB Foden/Doku against him is cannon fodder.

I cant see spurs beating city. And i cant us losing to palace.   I might start a couple kids v pool to give a few some rest.  And i would be worrying about the summer when we need to upgrade several positions and build depth.   

Just now, The_Steve said:

Naive Burnley till the end. I’d be livid if that was us with that second half 

They look a better side and infinitely more together then the villa side that went down.

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The City machine goes into overdrive as the season closes out. Pep won’t have them losing 

It will be like a bulldozer driving over a mouse. 

• Haha 1

2-1 spurs is not a disaster. I expected a bigger win. Can't see Spurs beating City but would be good if we could get something against Liverpool.

Just now, srsmithusa said:

I cant see spurs beating city. And i cant us losing to palace.   I might start a couple kids v pool to give a few some rest.  And i would be worrying about the summer when we need to upgrade several positions and build depth.   

On the night when we can qualify for the CL, in our final home match of an amazing season, you would throw the game? 

This thread has officially lost the plot.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nabby said:

Essentially it's going to come down to who gets the points at home to city.We did ..can they ..I don't think so.

They looked suspect at times on break against a woeful Burnley.Skipp looked dodgy at LB Foden/Doku against him is cannon fodder.

Skipp hauled off after 70 minutes. I think v Man. City they'll just go to a back 3 or even gamble and play Van De Ven there with his pace as very few players beat him when he gets into his stride.

Might even just bring back Emerson Royal.

11 minutes ago, useless said:

We don't have to beat both Palace and Liverpool, a win against either would be enough for top four, and we're more than capable of beating either, especially Palace, who have just had a few good results, they're not world beaters, in fact them winning today makes me more confident of beating them as they're probably well due a loss now

Palace have changed dramatically under Glasner, they’ve been brilliant lately. 

Just now, CVByrne said:

Spurs need to beat City now. If we can get a point against Liverpool even if Spurs beat City a draw is enough against Palace 

They don’t they can draw if we lose both games our GD will be lower than theirs I assure you 

Obvs them not winning would have been better but only winning by one is the next best outcome, hasn’t made much of a dent in the goal difference should it come down to that