Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

Honestly you can't rely on sides to do it for you we got no excuses that current side if good enough,  shows leadership and character and want we get top 4.

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

They now have to beat Man City tho as a draw would only have been enough had they closed down the GD. Which they haven't done today. 

We still have to beat Palace and Liverpool.

Both capable of putting 3 or 4 past us. 

Just now, ozvilla28 said:

Honestly you can't rely on sides to do it for you we got no excuses that current side if good enough,  shows leadership and character and want we get top 4.

Let’s be honest, we never should’ve been hoping for anything out of Burnley. 

• Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

Burnley are shit, today was never the day

They've made a much better fist of it than I thought they would to be honest

• Like 3

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

I can't see us getting anymore points this season with injuries and how tired the lads look, Spuds not out of the fourth place battle yet.

Yeah they aren’t beating City though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, calcifer said:

That's easier that it sounds

Liverpool smash us 4-0 we lose to Palace 1-0

Spurs smash Sheff Utd 4 - 0 and they beat City 😂 1-0 that's the swing. 

If Spurs beat City it doesn’t matter what the goal difference is 😂

• Like 1

Just now, AshVilla said:

We still have to beat Palace and Liverpool.

Both capable of putting 3 or 4 past us. 

Bloody hell mate.

So Spurs are gonna get something from City but we will be hammered by both Liverpool and Palace?

We are 4th for a reason. 

• Like 1

Did anyone really expect Burnley to get anything from today, if city play like they did today they will easily win, but I think we’ll beat Liverpool Monday under the lights with a sellout crowd 

• Like 2

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

They now have to beat Man City tho as a draw would only have been enough had they closed down the GD. Which they haven't done today. 

GD really isn't out of the question, it's a swing of 8 across three fixtures. If they go and thump Sheffield 4-0 on the final day, we can't lose by more than four across our games against Liverpool and Palace, who both have some scary attacking threats.

• Like 1

Just now, MachoFantastico said:

I can't see us getting anymore points this season with injuries and how tired the lads look, Spuds not out of the fourth place battle yet.

This is where I am, we are running on empty, lads have given everything, with the injuries as well we just need to keep the score down in the Liverpool game. If we come away with a 1-0 loss then that's a good result.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

If Spurs beat City it doesn’t matter what the goal difference is 😂

That was before Burnley scored.....

They are playing poorly but they do have a half decent chance of beating Man City. Just got to rely on City do be their usual ruthless selves.  

Just now, calcifer said:

This is where I am, we are running on empty, lads have given everything, with the injuries as well we just need to keep the score down in the Liverpool game. If we come away with a 1-0 loss then that's a good result.

We are on empty but cannot see Spurs getting a win over City.