Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

9 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Phew that was close. We were in danger of ending our 28 year trophyless run. Now at least we can concentrate on winning the 4th place trophy.

Hopefully we can recreate the success it brought Newcastle of attracting no players we wouldn't have gotten anyway, getting knocked out in the group stage of the CL and finishing 8th next season.

At least we can pop over to the sha forum to cheers ourselves up ay 

1 minute ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Get real. You have your Villa goggles on mate.

Glad you stopped wanking in the match thread to type that with both hands 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Phew that was close. We were in danger of ending our 28 year trophyless run. Now at least we can concentrate on winning the 4th place trophy.

Hopefully we can recreate the success it brought Newcastle of attracting no players we wouldn't have gotten anyway, getting knocked out in the group stage of the CL and finishing 8th next season.

We played our strongest side available for both legs, so you're arguing against a ghost.

2 minutes ago, Raymond said:

Really feels like Spurs/City is our season.

Rooting for City is going to feel awful.

Root for Burnley and you may not have to root for City

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grobs said:

Glad I backed spurs when I did because those odds are going to drop fast 

No they ain't, not until they beat Burnley, if they do.

15 minutes ago, R.Bear said:

Have you had this drafted since the first leg or something? 🤣

• Like 2

Just now, The_Steve said:

Glad you stopped wanking in the match thread to type that with both hands 

Yeah, you are right, I just couldn't help it. Great watching your team get completely outplayed. Emery said no excuses. We played like a team willing to dish out the excuses. Olympiacos were by far the better team in both legs. We were shit.

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

We played our strongest side available for both legs, so you're arguing against a ghost.

I'm not arguing with anyone. I'm satirizing the people who think its more important that we make money than win trophies.

We have a rest after Liverpool,  which tbh is a right off after tonight, reckon we will beat palace,  we're better them despite the form their in..6 days off then bang ,Ollie hatrick.  Great season no matter what happens .

We’ll only get 4th if spurs fail to beat Man City, that’s our only hope. We look like a relegation side at the moment, it’s a disgrace.

Either the players pull themselves together, show some fight and desire and energy, and get a result in the next 2 games, or they risk throwing the whole season away. It’s really up to them

I’m disgusted with them for their performance over the 2 legs of that European semi. Really disgusted.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Play the kids against Liverpool and get ready for Palace in case Man City don't do our dirty work.

I think, with the form Palace are in at present, that we need to go all out against Liverpool at VP with all of us really, really getting behind them the whole game.