Race for Champions League - 2023/2024

Don_Simon

3 minutes ago, grobs said:

I think we are all jumping the gun a little bit. City might not even need to beat spurs if Arsenal lose to United away 

In that scenario, assuming City beat Fulham on Saturday, they'd go into the Spurs game two points ahead of Arsenal. They'd need a win to secure the title or a draw/defeat takes it into the last day. 

5 minutes ago, grobs said:

I think we are all jumping the gun a little bit. City might not even need to beat spurs if Arsenal lose to United away 

That’s not true I don’t think.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Mark Albrighton said:

I’m not worried about it. As I think we’re finishing 4th.

However, I can see why someone might have a concern.

At the time of writing we have a better goal difference of 10. Assume we lose both our games, that would be down to 8 (could be lower).

Spurs win two and draw one. They hammer Sheffield United 5-0 and Burnley 4-0. Both of those aren’t that unrealistic in my opinion.

Again, I think we’re going to finish 4th.

Can’t see this Spurs team hammering anyone.

only us 😉 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Why are we so annoyingly shite when it really really matters? Could all be bloody over this evening if we didn’t prat about! 

We're so shite that we're 7 points clear of Spurs and 13 points clear of Chelsea and Man United. Its annoying.

Edited by Pongo Waring
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, grobs said:

If that occurred then they would know a win at Spurs would confirm the title. They will go for the win.

14 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Why are we so annoyingly shite when it really really matters? Could all be bloody over this evening if we didn’t prat about! 

It's precisely because we've been generally excellent (even recently away at Arsenal!) that we're in the position we're in.

• Like 3

Whatever the outcome, its being a while since we experienced such end season excitment, not since our first season and fighting for survival.. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tayls said:

Basically, we can’t lose 3 games in a row. If we do and allow Spurs to go above us then quite frankly we deserve nothing… 

Spurs have lost 4 in a row. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Last season was pretty exciting? Secured ECL on the final day against Brighton.

Let's hope Brighton ain't lost us 4th this season.

In all seriousness, Spurs need to beat City, an as has already been said, I doubt that is happening, especially 2 days after playing Burnley, an they can even give Tottenham a game I've no doubt.

2 minutes ago, Captain_Townsend said:

We have some unbelievable critical fans, online at least.

Been a magical season, whatever happens.

I keep hearing this, but it don't work like that for me. To give up 4th now would be devastating, irrelevant of the season we have had.

• Like 1